Loader Settling

/ Loader Settling #1  

KuboB1200

Folks,

I have a 1995 Kubota B2100 with an LA 301 loader that the loader has recently began to settle. The bucket is fine, but the loader cylinders settle and it's apparent with a load in the bucket. The loader will settle with the engine running and no load (nothing in the bucket) requiring that I reposition the loader every few minutes. It will also settle in the reverse, like when I lift the front wheels off the ground by lowering the loader all the way.

All other hydros work fine.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot to see if it's the cylinders or valve body?

Thanks,

Kubo

/ Loader Settling #2  
Swap Bucket tilt lines with your Bucket lift lines.....if the problem doesn't change then your lift cyls need repacking......if your bucket tilt now creeps then you have DCV bypassing.....:thumbsup:

/ Loader Settling
Thanks,
Looks like it may be the DCV spool leaking since when I lift the front wheels off, it settles.
Kubo

/ Loader Settling #4  
An internally leaking cylinder will get warm after time, especially if you run it to the end of the stroke and hold the lever for a few seconds. I would expect your problem to be cylinder seals rather than a valve problem.

Kim

/ Loader Settling #5  
If the valve has work port relief, check them for trash. Is the lever returning to center, or sitting off of center.

/ Loader Settling #6  
An internally leaking cylinder will get warm after time, especially if you run it to the end of the stroke and hold the lever for a few seconds. I would expect your problem to be cylinder seals rather than a valve problem.

Kim

I use a $50 non-contact infrared thermometer to troubleshoot bad hydraulic cylinder piston seals. If the area where the piston is sitting shows me as little as 5 degrees more than the rest of the cylinder, it's leaking by. This method has been 100% effective for me over probably a dozen repairs.

/ Loader Settling #8  
Thanks,
Looks like it may be the DCV spool leaking since when I lift the front wheels off, it settles.
Kubo

Don't rule out piston seals....they'll creep/settle in both directions....swapping hoses is quick and painless to do without pulling anything apart yet....:)

/ Loader Settling #9  
Try holding the lever to full extend, and full retract, and see if the PRV relief activates.

/ Loader Settling #10  
I use a $50 non-contact infrared thermometer to troubleshoot bad hydraulic cylinder piston seals. If the area where the piston is sitting shows me as little as 5 degrees more than the rest of the cylinder, it's leaking by. This method has been 100% effective for me over probably a dozen repairs.

Good way to trouble shoot. Good post.