Loader Loader Lights Dissapointment Help

/ Loader Lights Dissapointment Help #21  
Finally got a tech out here for the lights, I couldn't believe how easy the fix was, it took us 1/2 hour to figure it out and 2 mins to fix. All it took was jumping two sets of wires and now headlights work like normal and the loaders lights turn on and off with the switch and stay separate from the headlights.

If anyone else has these lights or is thinking about getting these lights let me know and I will post pics of the wires jumped.

Now I have to wait and see what the service call will cost me (Think there is a discount for me showing the tech what the solution was? Lol)

Hmmm.... well, that's good news! But, I have to wonder why in the world the dealer would tell you it was gonna cost another $600 to fix the lights the way you want them to work... and it takes you and the tech a 1/2 hour to rework the wiring!?!

Makes me think that he didn't really understand the problem..

AKfish

/ Loader Lights Dissapointment Help
Hmmm.... well, that's good news! But, I have to wonder why in the world the dealer would tell you it was gonna cost another $600 to fix the lights the way you want them to work... and it takes you and the tech a 1/2 hour to rework the wiring!?!

Makes me think that he didn't really understand the problem..

AKfish

No the service guy didn't understand the problem and wouldn't let me explain it fully (it seems like if John Deere wanted it this way and not that then this way is how it should always be and that way is always wrong even if it makes sense to do it that way.)

But the tech has to come out again cause last night I was testing the difference when I suddenly lost both sets of lights, took a look and sure enough the fuse was blown ( 4 bulbs at approx. 5 amps/ bulb is more than what the 15 amp fuse can handle) so have to get him out here and install relays to fix the problem, hopefully it would be under warranty from yesterday's service call.

/ Loader Lights Dissapointment Help #23  
I was going to say, that if you didn't blow a fuse, you're going to certainly burn out the switch or wiring. If the Deere kit is designed for one set of lights at a time it is for a reason.

Just curious how you figure wanting the lights to do something different than they were designed, would be a warranty issue? Even if the dealer didn't explain the capabilities well, it would be their responsibility to refund the purchase or maybe offer a discount. Making them do something other than what the factory intended ,should cost something?

/ Loader Lights Dissapointment Help #24  
Forgive me if you've mentioned this, are the knew lights LEDs? They seem to draw less current and, I'd think, wouldn't be as likely to overload the circuit.

I was going to say, that if you didn't blow a fuse, you're going to certainly burn out the switch or wiring. If the Deere kit is designed for one set of lights at a time it is for a reason.

Just curious how you figure wanting the lights to do something different than they were designed, would be a warranty issue? Even if the dealer didn't explain the capabilities well, it would be their responsibility to refund the purchase or maybe offer a discount. Making them do something other than what the factory intended ,should cost something?

Their reason for the lights acting the way they do is cause they say the headlights reflection off of the loader could reflect back into the headlight lens and fry things in there. The service guy said that circuit could handle up to 25 amps.

The tech that installed the lights to begin with and the tech that came out to rewire it both agreed that there really is no reason for the lights to work separately from each other.

Forgive me if you've mentioned this, are the knew lights LEDs? They seem to draw less current and, I'd think, wouldn't be as likely to overload the circuit.

No they are halogens, it says they are an H4 headlight and is a sealed beam. I've thought about looking into LED's or HID's do they make LED's with hi/low beams?

/ Loader Lights Dissapointment Help #27  
I was wondering whether they make LED's with hi-lo beams too. It seems to me that if the head lights could be changed to low draw LED's and the work lights were LED's too, that the combination of the two might not exceed the draw of the origonal headlights. I'm going to include a link, found on this site. It shows the difference between headlights and headlights plus LED'S.
PT1850 LED Lights
Here's the thread where I found it.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/232466-led-xenon-work-lights-your-2.html

This thread is of great interest to me because sometimes, I feed my cows at night and have trouble finding the bale rings with just the headlights.
STUCK