Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood

/ Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
Hey guys, have a xr3037 and the loader hoses are rubbing against the side of the hood rubbing the paint to bare metal. Anyone ever do something to fix this? I can’t see where someone could tie the hoses away. Just looking for suggestions.

/ Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood #2  
Do you have any sleeves over the hose?

/ Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood
Yes I do

/ Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood #4  
Had the same from the 3rd function hoses on my MT240, I just zip-tied them better, and it got them away from the hood.

They rubbed before, now, plenty of room.
hydraulic_hoses.jpg

At the same time, I traced out the lines and added colored zip ties to replace the colored paper from the factory that had come off. They match the colored caps on the loader valve.
Hose_Zip_Colors.jpg loader_valve.jpg

I have since cleaned out those loader valve caps, and mated the male/female ends, keeps them cleaner and more tucked out the way.

Last edited:
   / Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood #5  
by the time you catch it , it's already rubbed through.

/ Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood #6  
   / Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood #7  
Is the rubber fairly hard, or is it soft and wears through needing replacement every so often?

I have been using these, they are hard and have a diamond plate texture, but I like the smooth texture of the one you posted.

/ Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood #8  
Is the rubber fairly hard, or is it soft and wears through needing replacement every so often?

I have been using these, they are hard and have a diamond plate texture, but I like the smooth texture of the one you posted.
I've been using them for 2 years now and they haven't worn through. They get scuffed up a bit but wear will depend on how much pressure the hoses apply.

They are designed for heavy furniture so the material is quite durable.

/ Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood
Thanks for all the suggestions! Did you just put pieces on the hood where the rub marks were, or made a strip on both sides to match?

/ Loader hoses rubbing paint on hood #10  
Joe, your local LS dealer should have a can of touch-up paint if you need it too, protect that metal before you shield it from further damage.