loader availability options for a john deere 790.

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #1  

windsor96

Tractor
john deere 650
What loader is best for this tractor?

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #2  
The model 70 or the 300 FEL I've seen on them. Best..?? don't know...

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #3  
The 419 loader was also available on the 790.
If I was going to buy a loader, it would be the 300...it's the strongest. I had the 419...no complaints and, if you found one for a good price...go for it.

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #4  
Does your 790 have the hydraulics to run a loader? The new H130 may be compatible also, unless you can find a NOS 300x at a dealer somewhere.

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #5  
I think it may be the mounts that are the more spendy part of the deal if you can't find a 300 coded for a 790, mounts can be bought but is about 1k for a set. If can find the 300 mounts then is possible that the h160 would be the closest. H160 is correct for the 3203 that also used the 300 loader with very different mounts. Don't know if it would be required for the h series loader but you had to have the hood guard as well for the 300 when mounted on a 790 and if 790 is below s/n G790000 and already has hyd controls/valve then it will all be on the wrong side of the tractor. Not a big deal, there is still a kit available for the 300/h160 loader. Otherwise I would look at an aftermarket, there is quite a few out there. Buhler/farm king, eeze-on, etc, etc. Good luck

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #6  
My 790 had a model 70 loader on it. Worked fine. I had a 60" bucket and a tooth bar. I've seen a used loader to fit the 790, from time to time on CL.

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #7  
Best for the tractor is a Deere loader.

Got the 300 on mine, Perfect loader I thought. Till I saw a 790 with a 300x with bigger cylinders and capacities. If I would have known the bigger loader would fit when I bought the tractor I would have made the dealer swap the 300 for the 300x.....

Westindorf, woods, Koyker there is a lot of different companies that make loaders some stronger some not. But none will fit, perform and allow maintenance clearance for oil changes, air filter ect. like a genuine factory built loader.

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #8  
Best for the tractor is a Deere loader.

Got the 300 on mine, Perfect loader I thought. Till I saw a 790 with a 300x with bigger cylinders and capacities. If I would have known the bigger loader would fit when I bought the tractor I would have made the dealer swap the 300 for the 300x.....

Westindorf, woods, Koyker there is a lot of different companies that make loaders some stronger some not. But none will fit, perform and allow maintenance clearance for oil changes, air filter ect. like a genuine factory built loader.
When I got my 3203 10 years ago they would not sell me anything but the 300 FEL. I would much rather have a 300X or CX. Would love to find lift cylinder up-grade for under what JD wants for them.

Last edited:
   / loader availability options for a john deere 790. #9  
The 419 loader was also available on the 790.
If I was going to buy a loader, it would be the 300...it's the strongest. I had the 419...no complaints and, if you found one for a good price...go for it.
Late to the party but I'm obsessed with all things 790. That said, I've got a 419 loader with an extra wide bucket. Previous owned welded 1ft extensions on each side. Now my machine plows, dogs, clears a 7' wide swath.

I will say when pushing the machine, the 419 flexes quite a bit. Which as you can imagine makes me nervous. That said it hasn't failed me.

/ loader availability options for a john deere 790. #10  
I will say when pushing the machine, the 419 flexes quite a bit. Which as you can imagine makes me nervous. That said it hasn't failed me.

I don't think you'll find any quick detach loader that doesn't flex...
I had the standard 61" bucket on my 790...which was plenty big. I think a wider bucket should be limited to light weight materials such as wood chips, fresh mulch...things like that.