Loaded tires or air for a better/smoother ride?

/ Loaded tires or air for a better/smoother ride? #21  
If you want to pull or pick up heavy loads go for weight on the ground. I have calcium filled industrial ties and always have had, get them filled for free, when your FEL comes in attach a bush hog to the back for ballast.

Attachments

• F241BAC6-9BE4-4976-B857-80E452F70503.jpeg
    F241BAC6-9BE4-4976-B857-80E452F70503.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
   / Loaded tires or air for a better/smoother ride? #22  
Air ride seat prolly the only thing thats going to help your back. Maybe some PT might help too.

/ Loaded tires or air for a better/smoother ride? #23  
air is compressible, fluid is not
That's simple science, so air alone should make some difference in the ride, though with the R4s, I'm not sure how much difference. The other issue is if you are adding a FEL. When I bought my B2301, (even though I had to wait some months for the loader) the dealer would not let it out the door without loading the tires, addding weight to the wheels or adding a ballast box. Maybe it was salemanship, maybe his personal ethics wouldn't let go out that way. In my mind, I look at the latter as the reason.

/ Loaded tires or air for a better/smoother ride? #24  
Going back many years - I loaded my SCUT turf tires after years driving with air only and found the ride less bouncy. All my other tractors were loaded since new or unloaded as on my current M59 tractor. M59 has smaller wheels and a rougher ride without the BH. Anecdotal at best.

The benefit of unloaded is no leaky tires, valves and rims.

/ Loaded tires or air for a better/smoother ride? #25  
Probably do not want to put in plain water because of wheel corrosion problems. OK to run it in a tube

/ Loaded tires or air for a better/smoother ride?
Update:

Dealer delivered the new cabbed Kubota L5460 Friday without water loading the tires. So now I have two identical tractors, a new cabbed and a 2018 open station. The open station will be sold soon-ish. Both have the stock suspension seat and R4’s with 15# of air. The air ride seat is back ordered and dealer will come get the new cabbed one to install the seat when it arrives. He has offered to fill the tires with plain water at that time at no charge. No freezing concerns here.

Not sure which way I will go then, air or add the water. I’m thinking with the stiffness of R4’s even at lowered air pressure the air seat will be my best bet for a better ride for my aching back. Hope so. Should I get a FEL down the road dealer will ad water at that time.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• B70AA1A6-C5D0-496C-8EB6-238F673FAB53.jpeg
    B70AA1A6-C5D0-496C-8EB6-238F673FAB53.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 50
   / Loaded tires or air for a better/smoother ride?
Interesting note, the cabbed one is 5 inches shorter than the ROPS. (y) It goes under my 8 foot shop door. Yea!