"List Terramite part substitutions here.."

/ "List Terramite part substitutions here.." #1  

the old grind

Tractor
NH T-1520 HST, NH TC33DA HST, Case DX26 HST, .Terramite T5C, . NH L785
It's May, 2019 and Terramite owners currently have a 'non-affiliated' website to find parts while the parent company is in continuous reorganization. We've seen a few posts about substituting auto parts, but since some of us aren't adept at linking other posts there's no one place yet to share our findings. I hope this will be the place for TM owners of all models. As such, I've even chosen a thread title that'll hopefully get more search hits than "Where do I look?" or "Can't find parts." ;)

My T5C is a '98 with Honda GX-620 power and older 'offset' steering column. It suffered from loss of steering wheel center cap, which allowed rainwater to enter the column and possibly contaminate the hydraulic reservoir, & I'll re-post/update replacement info with of the shelf components if/as requested. I also have experience with the different wiring of ign switches with or without an 'M' terminal that older engines use to ground ignition to shut off. SGEs now use 'ground to run' ignition for safety reasons. Either switch type is easy to tweak. The most part I needed was to add a basic automotive relay and wire it to shut off either by key or by built-in low oil shutdown. Our machines don't break easily, but still do.

I only have 600-some operating hours in 13 years but feel confident that if I manage to bust something it won't be a prob to fix or make a part. That only means I don't have much to offer yet, but if other owners need stuff it's be nice to make the options accessible. I concur with member Allan7s that once I butt out this thread could be a sticky to benefit all. Here's where posted a sit rep & linked parts I found for the steering upgrade: (posts # 40-43)

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/terramite/129517-terramite-parts-sources-4.html

I've posted pics of the parts (valve, column) elsewhere and will link here anon.

/ "List Terramite part substitutions here.."
Just a bump during tough times. (Mar, '21) We've had members post part numbers from the car guys, tie rod ends etc.

The goal here is that owners will share what they find in a thread that can be 'searched/found' by a specifically relevant title ('just to be different' lol but a GIANT hint) and hopefully to help the highest number of Terramite owners.

It's no surprise that under new ownership we can only get parts (some) from the company for now. I wouldn't have planned a production run this year or last, much less have been building them since changing hands and expecting a strong market.

That said, what I like most about the brand is digging power for weight (<3k lbs vs say a 40 hp CUT with 7 1/2' & pricey BH & the joy of a sub-frame) and that it's hard to break a TM of any size. (tried it with T5C over 14 yrs & failed)

btw, my bottom line is that we have a lot of support for each other and few brands are as easy to service, esp when we can help each other. I'll update my sub/redo here for pre-millennial off-center T5 steering gear on request if you'd rather not chase links to where I posted it elsewhere.

Last edited:
   / "List Terramite part substitutions here.." #3  
Help guys, trying to source a radiator for the T6. It's marked Denso 122000-0631, I can't find a source or cross reference anywhere. It broke loose from the frame at the bottom and vibrated a hole into itself!

/ "List Terramite part substitutions here.." #4  
Help guys, trying to source a radiator for the T6. It's marked Denso 122000-0631, I can't find a source or cross reference anywhere. It broke loose from the frame at the bottom and vibrated a hole into itself!
Is it not repairable?

/ "List Terramite part substitutions here.." #6  
Thanks Dart! We were able to solder the old one back together and I hope it holds up because I never could find a radiator that would fit with the correct sized/location hose connection points.