Linear actuator

/ Linear actuator #11  
I agree with most of the comments here and we've been using 12volt linear actuators on snow machines for many years. When you are shopping for one, its speed and power will be noted in the specs.

On this plow, is 6 of them.
Rhino live, pushing snow (DL).jpg

/ Linear actuator #12  
Since you have hydraulics on your tractor for the rotator, why not use a small hyd cylinder on the deflector such as this kit:

It comes with the hoses so the cost would be comparable to the parts necessary for the linear actuator. It might be less work to install if you have a spare hydraulic port.

I converted the manual deflector on my Woods SB72 with this kit:

PIC 8.jpg

/ Linear actuator
I would prefer a hydraulic deflector but only have one remote. Would my trailer plug (on Kioti DK45) have enough power to run a linear actuator, or would I need to create a whole new circuit?

/ Linear actuator #15  
If your trailer plug is wired for a trailer, how would you control an actuator.
The actuator is likely to need a Double Pole Double Throw switch (DPDT) and a tap with enough available amperage.
For it's dedicated circuit.
You could also go hydraulic by adding in a diverter valve to switch the hydraulics from rotation to the diverter and back.
1666525130346.png

These allow you to select 2 different functions from your hydraulic remotes.

/ Linear actuator #16  
The cheap princess auto 135/270lb actuators use less than 5 amps, so you could probably use the trailer plug and run a switch back to seat somewhere. From seeing a 135lb in action, it's slow but usable. The 270lb is identical in size, but geared at half the speed.

I was going that way so I could use my second remote for a top link, but after crawling down the rabbit hole of diverters and side links, I figure I might as well spend the time and money to do it right.

/ Linear actuator #17  
I've bought 3 linear actuators from Surplus Center. 2 were 105 lb load and the last one was 1000 lb load. Prices were $100 plus for the small ones and $300 for the strong one, but Kubota wanted $1000, but the one I bought is maybe 7 times stronger.

/ Linear actuator #18  
Sorry for the clumsy video, but this gadget has rotated my chute for the last three years with only an occasional shot of WD-40.

/ Linear actuator #19  
When I bought my blower it had the same setup (hydraulic rotator and manual chute deflector). I didn't want a linear actuator because of the slow speed. Instead I bought a 12v solenoid operated double selector hydraulic valve with an on-on switch placed in the cab. I have been very happy with the speed of the deflector and the lack of maintenance required. It is a very robust system.

/ Linear actuator #20  
Sorry for the clumsy video, but this gadget has rotated my chute for the last three years with only an occasional shot of WD-40.

Maybe you know this, but wd-40 is a water displacer akin to cleaning solvent and a real poor lubricant.