Loader Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #131  
Got my forks today, didn't realize how dirty the mower was till it had the fresh green paint attached to it. Last pic is a nearly empty tank of roundup.
First paint nick was from my pocket knife, you must be part Egyptian, if only mummies were wrapped so well

Attachments

• image-4183628809.png
    image-4183628809.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 353
  • image-1858418174.png
    image-1858418174.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 316
  • image-820388802.png
    image-820388802.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 295
   / Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #132  
rbcsaver,
What you have been put through really does suck. Just looking at the pics you posted, will the 1.125" inches that you are short on at each end be a problem? It appears that the bottom rail does extend out and is attached to the outside of the uprights so the strength is not compromised. With the forks set to the widest notch in the top rail, do the outer edge of the forks stay within the limits of the bottom rail? If so, would just a "stop plate" welded to the ends of the bottom rail keep everything in check.....just a thought.

FP

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader
Got my forks today, didn't realize how dirty the mower was till it had the fresh green paint attached to it. Last pic is a nearly empty tank of roundup.
First paint nick was from my pocket knife, you must be part Egyptian, if only mummies were wrapped so well

Ha ha, thanks for the post Ma. For whatever it is worth, it takes two hours to wrap a frame and forks to (hopefully) survive the trip unharmed. The only other way I can imagine is a crate, which would likely add weight and cost.

I am talking to a company who wants to work on a packaging solution if I can just manage to have a frame on hand that isn't burning hot to get shipped out.

I hope you enjoy your forks on your "mower"!

Just an update on my trials/tribulations,
Although ATV was fair in refunding part of my purchase price,
the request was before I realized that the replacement lower rail is
almost 4" shorter than the original lower rail that they sent me. I'm
scrambling trying to find filler end pieces. All this nonsense, time, money
and aggravation to save $50-$75 in shipping charges, BUT more importantly,
a hand in building my JD FL attachment. Again, NONE of my fiasco has
anything to do with Chris Perry or his frames. Caveat, as much as I try,
I now have poor up-close vision and makes welding difficult. I used to have Turkey-like
vision, so it's very difficult. Attached are updated pics.

Steve,

All things considered, you are doing a great job of resolving the situation with the materials at hand.

Chris

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #135  
rbcsaver,
I revisited your pics....the widest notch is out there further than I thought. I now see what you are up against so forget my earlier thoughts.

FP

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #136  
Still waiting to hear from ATV about filler end pieces, plus I need to 'massage' the components to get the forks to slide without a BFH. Rail spacing is set to exactly Chris' spec. sheet I tried to lift a 2000 lb pallet of horse bedding today without success. Removed about 1/2 and no problem lifting. The guy at TSC didn't get the pallet in the trailer straight, and he also didn't use the fork slots, so I had a hard time getting the pallet up against the frame, so yes the tractor should be closer to the load.
Pic of 1000lbs bedding.
regards,
Steve

Attachments

• 1000 lbs bedding.jpg
    1000 lbs bedding.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
   / Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #137  
I post this as an update, at the risk of being a bore to all involved.
Everyone makes mistakes, but when a person or company does, those
with high integrity acknowledge the mistake and "make it right."

Bill at ATV/Express has done that. Another lower rail is due to be delivered
tommorrow, so that I can cut off a few pieces and fill in the ends of the 2nd
shorter 2nd rail I received. ATV made an error in sending the orginal upper and
different thickness rails for the upper and lower. The additional lower rail sent,
per my prior post, was short of the original pieces. Again, all of this has nothing
to do with Chris and his frame, which fit perfectly.

Today, I received an email from Bill, at ATV that he has sent, at request (due for 10/13 delivery), and without cost to me, another lower rail that I can cut end pieces off and weld them in for fillers, as per my prior pictures.

This project has been difficult for all of us involved. However, Chris Perry was extremely helpful in diagnosing and correcting a problem that he didn't cause. And Bill at ATV/Express
has stepped up to the plate in providing a partial refund, for my time and labor costs and 2 lower plates to fix the problem.
Regards,
Steve

Attachments

• New Short lower rail.jpg
    New Short lower rail.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 250
  • New Short lower rail3.jpg
    New Short lower rail3.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 256
   / Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #138  
I welded on lower rail extensions, from a rail sent to me by ATV Express. They really have gone above and beyond to rectify an original error. Thanks again to Chris for all of his help also. I used my very dependable Lincoln 125, but it was taxed to weld 1/2" steel. All it needs is some cleaning and paint, but that's low on the list of things before the snow flies.
regards,
Steve

Attachments

• left lower frame rail extended.jpg
    left lower frame rail extended.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 254
  • right lower frame rail extended.jpg
    right lower frame rail extended.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 252
Looks great, Steve! Now quit screwing around and get some paint on that beast. Then, let's see it doing some work! :thumbsup:

/ Lightweight pallet forks for 200X & 200CX loader #140  
Looks great, Steve! Now quit screwing around and get some paint on that beast. Then, let's see it doing some work! :thumbsup:

Not painted, but here's 1/2 ton of lifting

Attachments

• 1000 lbs bedding.jpg
    1000 lbs bedding.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 210