Life on the farm

/ Life on the farm #821  
I sledded right into lake tahoe as a kid… will never forget it!
There was an escarpment in our neighborhood that rose above the lake. The plan was to sled down the escarpment and out onto the ice. The reality was WHAM!!! when we got to the ice. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: .... too steep to make the transition out onto the lake.

/ Life on the farm
1977 load of firewood to put in the basement.
19771225_OH_farm_firewood-101011-0015b.jpg

/ Life on the farm
My brother sent me this pic of Dad working on the pond dam. I loved running that little dozer, I pulled out a lot of logs with it.
1981 Dad bulldozing pond3.jpg

Attachments

• 1981 Dad bulldozing pond3.jpg
    1981 Dad bulldozing pond3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
   / Life on the farm
I have talked about what we call the Old House on the property. I believe this picture is it, taken in 1948 when dad was looking to buy the farm. Just left of Dad is the dug well. My Aunt, and my Great grandfather that died that year. I
IMGf_0020momsGrandFatherBrown_Dad_maybeOldHouse.jpg

/ Life on the farm
I posted this in the GM thread, but will put it here also.
My brother just posted pics of my grandfathers place, new owner bulldozed it all, it’s all gone. The house dad was born in 100 years ago, was almost 200 years old.
I'm more upset with my Aunt and then cousin that let it run down in the 35 years since he died, and the fact that my cousin would not respond when we wanted to buy it. It was too far gone to be used. They put cut stones on pallets. They also tearing down my GG grandparents place across the ridge, they have removed the slate roof, so it looks like they are salvaging what material that might be of value. The only good outcome from all this is my Dad gets 1/4 of the estate, but I'd rather had the property. Dad planted the lone pine that was behind the house. 2nd pic is 2008, 20 years after my grandfather died. I helped paint the house a few times.
housesite.jpg

20081229_OH_PoppyA0018.JPG