Life on the farm

/ Life on the farm #811  
4hp was like heaven.
it must have been nice enough to be rich and start farms with tractors.
1709342951282.jpeg

/ Life on the farm
Hope Dennis doesn't mind us messing with his pic. I cropped it a little and increased the pixel size a little. Here's my frameable version. :cool:

View attachment 783928
If you don’t remember the discussion about the boards, I found out from a relative the day the land was auctioned, that it was my aunt taking the boards out of the house, and taking them up north to sell. Apparently there is a market for old boards. My brother was by there last week and reported the new owner is starting to log the land.

Just went back thru the thread, a lot of repeats. And a few tears.

Last edited:
   / Life on the farm #813  
   / Life on the farm #814  
For the radios, you can get multivoltage plug in power supplies instead of batteries.
I had friends growing up that had old HAM battery equipment.
They had plug in harnesses and little cue cards for the voltages on the back of the radios.

/ Life on the farm
Don't think I covered sled riding on the farm. Wish I had pics of our ice skating parties on our pond. In the 70s we got some pretty big snows, and we always had fun sledding down our many hills.

Long jump competition 1982
19830200_0003_OH_farm_.jpg

cleared a path with the dozer to sled in 1977
19770123_Snow__0_OH_Farm_.jpg

Even mom joined the fun in 1978
19780118_OH_Farm_IMG_20151203_0069.jpg

Even though the hill on the road in front of our house was not very big, when it iced up we could go pretty far. This was usually night time sledding here.
19780118_OH_Farm_IMG_20151203_0071.jpg

/ Life on the farm #819  
I sledded right into lake tahoe as a kid… will never forget it!

/ Life on the farm
I sledded right into lake tahoe as a kid… will never forget it!
We would sled down onto the frozen pond, then shift your weight and go spinning on the ice. Also went down the long hill to the creek below our pond, and sometimes failed to make the turn at the bottom and end up in the creek. Google puts it at over 1000 ft. This is my kids getting to sled at the farm.
sledding_farm_map.JPG
20021227_OH_farm_010_sledding.jpg