Lied to wife about lost billfold.

/ Lied to wife about lost billfold. #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
We were leaving to go to a grand's soccer game yesterday afternoon and I could not find my billfold. I knew I had put it in the same place as always in the bedroom but it was not there. I always take it out of my right back pocket and put it in a tray on the nightstand. Not there. We searched everywhere in the house for thirty minutes with her questioning me constantly. Looked in the bedroom, under the bed, behind night stand, in attached bath. No billfold. Under covers of the bed, nope. In both the other bathrooms, nope. In the utility room, sunroom, and in the refridgerator, no billfold. I even looked in the dishwasher because I had started it after putting in the lunch plate, no billfold. Was about to tell her to drive and we would look for it later when I stuck my hand in my left front pocket and......drum roll......my billfold was there with my cellphone and glasses case.

She has lost several things lately and I have made a big thing out of her getting old and forgetful so I told her it was behind a bathroom door.

Should I own up to my deception?

Just asking.

RSKY

/ Lied to wife about lost billfold. #5  
We were leaving to go to a grand's soccer game yesterday afternoon and I could not find my billfold. I knew I had put it in the same place as always in the bedroom but it was not there. I always take it out of my right back pocket and put it in a tray on the nightstand. Not there. We searched everywhere in the house for thirty minutes with her questioning me constantly. Looked in the bedroom, under the bed, behind night stand, in attached bath. No billfold. Under covers of the bed, nope. In both the other bathrooms, nope. In the utility room, sunroom, and in the refridgerator, no billfold. I even looked in the dishwasher because I had started it after putting in the lunch plate, no billfold. Was about to tell her to drive and we would look for it later when I stuck my hand in my left front pocket and......drum roll......my billfold was there with my cellphone and glasses case.

She has lost several things lately and I have made a big thing out of her getting old and forgetful so I told her it was behind a bathroom door.

Should I own up to my deception?

Just asking.

RSKY
If it was me, I'd buy her some roses and when she asks why, tell her "Because I'm an idiot, found my wallet in my other pocket, and was too embarrassed to tell you the truth."

She'd laugh and then tell me she likes carnations better, but I forgot that, too. 😂

/ Lied to wife about lost billfold. #6  
May as well fess up to it. Just know that you are not alone in this world, as long as I am alive anyway :)

/ Lied to wife about lost billfold. #7  
Yes, and I'd try to curtail the criticism too. My dad is having a hard time with my mom's memory problems. He has no patience and gives her a hard time. I try to talk to him about it but I'm not around them enough to do any good since they're an hour away.

/ Lied to wife about lost billfold. #8  
Thanks for making me feel better about some of the things I've lost... including my wallet on more than one occasion. I spent over a day looking for the only key I have to my company truck; only to find it in the cup holder in the console, where I'd put it so that I wouldn't lose it.

I'm having a second key made tomorrow.

/ Lied to wife about lost billfold. #9  
Your story reminds me of a time when I was at my Dad's. He was looking all over the house for something. I finally asked what he was looking for. He said he was looking for his glasses. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he was wearing them but the look on my face gave it away. These days I understand his situation completely.

/ Lied to wife about lost billfold. #10  
Nope that little lie is self preserving and besides you will probably give her plenty more ammo later.