Levis 505 Jeans

/ Levis 505 Jeans #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
Has anyone noticed that Levis jeans, in this case 505's have changed recently? I just put on a new pair today and noticed the front pockets are at least 1 inch shorter than the other pairs I have. To me the material seems slightly thinner too. I also noticed that the zipper is different. The short pockets are a deal breaker for me. I'll be changing brands after 30 plus years.

Kevin

/ Levis 505 Jeans #2  
Perhaps a pair of knockoffs? The market is full of knockoffs replicating every major brand and industry there is, with only a very small portion ever being seized by US customs..

/ Levis 505 Jeans #3  
No, Levi has changed the 505 jeans for the worse. You can read the details, and complaints, on Amazon.

/ Levis 505 Jeans #4  
Common practice today. Make it lighter, thinner, shorter, smaller, etc. and still raise the price. GREEDiINE$$ at work! Our Direct TV bill just went up again. More than $40 increase in 10 years but there are less channels. Channels they drop due to the provider wanting more $$$$ yet they still feel compelled to raise their cost for more profit.

/ Levis 505 Jeans #5  
Companies have always been looking for ways to reduce costs in order to increase profits. It's not a sin. If they go too far and reduce quality, the best consumer reaction, as the OP mentioned, is to buy from someone else, the most effective variation of complaining.

/ Levis 505 Jeans #6  
Our Direct TV bill just went up again. More than $40 increase in 10 years but there are less channels. Channels they drop due to the provider wanting more $$$$ yet they still feel compelled to raise their cost for more profit.

I would buy Direct TV stock.

I would NOT buy stock in Levi. (VF Corp.) Cheapening an iconic international brand is a bad marketing decision.

Last edited:
   / Levis 505 Jeans #7  
Companies have always been looking for ways to reduce costs in order to increase profits. It's not a sin. If they go too far and reduce quality, the best consumer reaction, as the OP mentioned, is to buy from someone else, the most effective variation of complaining.

Exactly why we are not brand loyal AND we have ordered Dish Network to be installed. :smile:

/ Levis 505 Jeans #8  
Channels they drop due to the provider wanting more $$$$ yet they still feel compelled to raise their cost for more profit.
DirecTV has costs other than what they pay providers, e.g., labor. It's not always in pursuit of profit, which seems to be a popular pejorative, that appears to make some people feel better. I often wonder if these same people walk into their local store and accuse the local owner of the same 'evil motive'. Profit is what keeps paying the bills. To the consumer, why a company raises prices is irrelevant, even if it could be known, instead of information-free speculation.

/ Levis 505 Jeans #9  
I think the price of cotton spiked several years ago and they decided to change material. My new ones are wearing at the pocket rims and rear cuffs already. The old style took years to do that. Lee jeans did it too. $40 or $50 from something made in the fourth world out of modest material in huge quantity is a little greedy, in my opinion.

/ Levis 505 Jeans #10  
I think the price of cotton spiked several years ago and they decided to change material. My new ones are wearing at the pocket rims and rear cuffs already. The old style took years to do that. Lee jeans did it too. $40 or $50 from something made in the fourth world out of modest material in huge quantity is a little greedy, in my opinion.

Then don't buy Lee or Levi jeans.

Labeling someone as 'greedy' means you know what their profit is after expenses and you do not know this.