Leveling of Mower Deck T254

/ Leveling of Mower Deck T254 #1  

elsievo

Tractor
TYM T254
Hi, Last year I purchased a used T254 with a loader and mower deck. The mower deck was a bit cockeyed from one side to the other. There were some bent parts that I replaced in hoping to fix this but ended up putting a spacer on the right lift pin and tightening the adjusting nut on that side quite a bit. I thought the "bell cranks" and shaft were elongated so I ordered parts to replace them and installed them yesterday. To my dismay the holes in which the lift pins go were an inch different from one side to the other in relation to level ground (or the brackets nearby.)

Has anyone else run into this problem? I've emailed TYM and haven't heard back from them. My closest dealer doesn't have a mechanic at this time so I can't really bend their ear.

I guess I can take it over to my local machine shop and see what they can do to rectify this. I have attached pics i took after the new ones were installed. I didn't get the phone in the same relation from one side to the other so the difference may not seem quite so stark as it is in real life.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• LHand side.jpg
    LHand side.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 61
  • RHand B.jpg
    RHand B.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 63
   / Leveling of Mower Deck T254 #2  
Did you ever get this figured out? I took delivery of my T25 yesterday, and I noticed the same thing. RHS bell crank sits lower than the LHS by about a half inch when fully lowered, so the deck is uneven. I thought about cranking down on that nut on the right side (lift pin?) to see if it pulls the deck up to the correct height, but haven't gotten around to that yet. For now I set the RHS anti-scalp wheels to ride the ground and hold it at the right height. But that resulted in gouging the turf on sharp corners, so I'd like a better solution.

/ Leveling of Mower Deck T254
I just tightened the nut on the lifting lug to even it out as best I can. Was not able to get mine perfectly level but close enough for my lawn. Haven't had my machine shop correct the issue yet. Even new parts resulted in the same problem.

One day I forgot to put the receiver hitch in the 3 point to keep the arms wide. Ended up bending one of the lift flanges that sit on them.

Still like the little beast and it saves me a couple hours each time I mow the church, my business and yard over the 42inch walk behind I had.

/ Leveling of Mower Deck T254 #4  
Good to know, thanks! I'll try the same thing and see how close I can get it. And everything else has been great so far. Even with learning the machine and new mowing patterns on the property, it saved me about 45 minutes compared to the old 42in JD rider I was using. And it's a lot more fun to drive too!