Let's see your metal buildings

/ Let's see your metal buildings #11  
This is my shop; 24X32. It's perfect for what I use it for; my only regret was that I didn't pour a concrete apron in front and back.

Awesome looking shop and calender ! Would'nt be Jane Mansfield would it ? :D

/ Let's see your metal buildings #12  
   / Let's see your metal buildings #13  
Here is my 30'X40'X12' with 12' overhangs. Totally insulated with ridge vent.

100_0921.JPG

/ Let's see your metal buildings #14  
Here are some pics of my 24x30 pole barn. I added the lean to on the side a couple of years later so I could park my tractor out of the weather.

P9230178.JPG 20171101_140852_resized.jpg

/ Let's see your metal buildings #15  
   / Let's see your metal buildings #16  
Following along here. Also looking for design/construction details. I'm considering a metal building for my shop but I have a steep slope. If anyone has done this (two story) built into a hill, post also post pics.

I bought a brick shop that was built into a hill. The underground wall had begun to bow under the pressure and they had set pylons and bolted bracing to it. It was a very old building. Stayed put as long as I owned it and the buyer had no concerns when I sold it. Just saying be aware of the pressure that much dirt will put on a wall if you allow it to fill in behind the building.

/ Let's see your metal buildings #17  
I don't know if you're going to incorporate a lot of insulation with the roof panels but, down here we can add 'clear' panels to provide natural light. Strength-wise, a wire mesh panel is added underneath the clear panels for safety/security. The clear panel(s) typically go on the one side of the roof (South facing for you above the equator) that gets the most sun during the year. Mine is North facing. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 159
   / Let's see your metal buildings #18  
Ours came with cler panels on both sides and in the summer it was unbearably hot, we put the solar panels on the north side and covered them and it is still light and a lot cooler, shed is 6x12m with 3m walls, the roller doors are almost high enough to get the tractor in without having to drop the ROPS, ALMOST:mad:
First time I took it in a took the door out of the track, I really thought I was going to get under, Mrs gave me buggery about it then did the same thing less than a week later:laughing:

/ Let's see your metal buildings #19  
I am getting ready to bite the bullet and have a 30x50 metal building built. It will have 15' awnings off each end. And one 25' awning off the front. The left side awning will no concrete as it will have stalls under it. The right side awning will have the entrance to my "mancave / office". (it will be at the same height as the others. Not sure why the 3d builder placed it higher) Of course the front awning will be for parking my truck to keep it out of the weather.

Just curious what others have built? I would love to see your final product and know why you chose what you chose.

I am also open to comments about my design. Good or bad.
Just curious about how it sits on your property...there will be a lot of storm water runoff to deal with at some point on the footprint...and then beyond and turning it loose...

/ Let's see your metal buildings #20  
I bought a brick shop that was built into a hill. The underground wall had begun to bow under the pressure and they had set pylons and bolted bracing to it. It was a very old building. Stayed put as long as I owned it and the buyer had no concerns when I sold it. Just saying be aware of the pressure that much dirt will put on a wall if you allow it to fill in behind the building.
I hear you. Figuring I will need to pour a foundation such that I would essentially have a two floor shop with a daylight side. Maybe wood shop on top wood floor that accessed by my driveway. Metal shop on a concrete slab below.