Let's see your metal buildings

/ Let's see your metal buildings #41  
Super nice! I like that design!
Agreed... very nice Scrambler! This thread is inspiring. Mike, I bet you are getting some great ideas! Take your time on the design and get the features you want.

/ Let's see your metal buildings #42  
Thanks for the comments on the building, I like how it loos too, and am learning to live the metal.

My house in SoCal is a high Gable roofed Cape Cod Style and I not only wanted a Lobster Shack, I needed something to match up to the peak design.

My thoughts on Metal Buildings:
Pros:
Went up quickly.
Looks good.
Easier upkeep.

Cons:
-Not as easy to wire up as a wooden structure and you need BX Type Cable to prevent chaffing of the wire.
-Not easy to insulate.
-Not as easy to run the air system tubing, chaffing, harder to put the curves in place to allow for the main steel beams.
-A lot of wasted Space, along the outer walls for the Girts. Your not suppose to use the area for storage but its hard not too.
-Even with the Sheet insulation you get with the Metal Building, it doesn't stop the metal from getting hot and transferring to the insides.
-Everything you attempt to build insides of the structure take longer, you need to run extra structure for support and watch out you don't puncture the outer wall.
-Putting in Receptacles, especially the Outside Units, take extra time to find a good support and reenforcing of the outer wall is rewired for a good sturdy mounting point. For the outside receptacles I had to put a piece of 1/2" Plywood on the inside of the structiure backing the area where the receptacle was going, that also applies for the Outside lighting boxes. The Sheet metal on the outside is thick, but not thick enough to mount directly too.
- Last but not least in SoCal... The Permit... and Inspections... it took at least six time for the Building Inspector to come by for inspecting things, that I would think go without saying, should have been tightened by the Contractor that put it together. All the Main structure bolt had to be Torqued and then Inspected by an Independent Inspection Company, and after they determine tightness to spec, they have to certify it and send a copy to the County Inspection Dept... etc. !

If I had it to do over, I would heavily consider a wooden structure.
I have always had wooden barns and garages, all were easy to do things in, as far as benches, electrical's, insulating; but I found the metal building not to be that way.

When I started remodeling my house, and building the metal barn, the carpenter do the major remodel work asked me if I had gotten a quote for a wooden version of the Barn, I said no. he then replied that he could build one for around $20K... that would have been less money but even if it was the same price I think I MIGHT have been a little happier.

So if your heart is set on a Metal Building, go for it, but if you are still up in the air on it, but check out the wooden version too !

Ltr

/ Let's see your metal buildings #43  
I was in a metal building for nine years. Panel lined the inside. Ran all the electrical in exposed conduit. Didn't experience the problems described above.

Any problem can be overcome. Requires back planning. Regardless of construction type.

/ Let's see your metal buildings #44  
I’m starting to lean towards wood with a metal roof. Mainly because I’m figuring two story on a steep slope with drive in access on both levels. And I think I want to do the electrical, plumbing, and inside finishing myself and wood walls should make it much easier for DIY.

I will be around a lot of evergreen trees and think a metal roof will be so much easier to maintain.

/ Let's see your metal buildings #45  
I'm in a steel clad wood building now. Panel lined the ceiling wood OSB on the interior walls. All electrical in exposed conduit. All plumbing exposed PVC.

/ Let's see your metal buildings #46  
IMG_0663.JPGIMG_0667.JPGIMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0379.JPGIMG_0400.JPG
30' x 40' x 12' with 21' overhang on each side.

/ Let's see your metal buildings #48