Lets see your machines...

/ Lets see your machines... #21  
BCS 853 powered by Lombardini diesel with 34" Palladino flail mower.
BCSFlail.jpg

/ Lets see your machines... #24  
They appear to be a lot solider machine than the BCS, how much do you think it weighs?

All the old Gravelys are beasts - all solid cast iron housings crammed with steel gears. The naked machine is probably 300+ lbs. Most attachments are another 100-150 lbs.

- Jay

/ Lets see your machines...
All the old Gravelys are beasts - all solid cast iron housings crammed with steel gears. The naked machine is probably 300+ lbs. Most attachments are another 100-150 lbs.

That is not a lot different than our Ferrari, the tractor weighs 308lb and the rotary hoe weighs 92lbs so that is not a whole lot different, but ours is the second biggest two wheeled tractor sold here in Australia.

/ Lets see your machines... #26  

- Jay

I believe a 12 hp Kohler goes around 490lb before attachments, the 8 hp is a bit lighter and the L models around 300lb.

/ Lets see your machines... #27  
Hi! I read Gravely 5200 serie start 355 lbs to 476 lbs. First L model start 275 lbs if you add governor and starter over 300 lbs.
Dont forget Gravely are cast iron. My Gravely L model : 275 lbs+130lbs(Reduction wheels)+30 (Diesel engine)+30 (hitch) +battery I think near 500lbs. My Gravely Diesel push a lot more than my BCS or Grillo.
Good luck! Oldmechturn7.jpg

/ Lets see your machines...
With a Gravely you can't use any trailed implements can you?

/ Lets see your machines... #29  
IMG_1119.JPG

My Gravely 522 - I'm going to start overhauling the engine this week.

/ Lets see your machines... #30  
With a Gravely you can't use any trailed implements can you?

Sure there were a few rear attachments but none of them powered, just things like trailers, lawn rollers, drop seeders, oh they did make a moldboard plow for the old L models way back. The Gravelys would be like owning one of the BCS 620s or Grillo GF4s of today, front pto only, ok for mowing, snow removal tools, sweepers etc.