Let's see your knife.

/ Let's see your knife. #102  
Twins!

/ Let's see your knife. #103  
Anytime outside at our place, the Leatherman is on my hip. All other times the Buck Knight is in my pocket. This is my second Knight after misplacing my first one many years ago (someone got themselves a mighty fine pocket knife). Immediately replaced it.
Perfect size and weight for casual wear and when getting dressed up is required (thankfully, that is not often required any longer since retiring!) 😎

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1630.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1630.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 128
   / Let's see your knife. #104  
In the picture I have a Buck Knife, model 112, which I purchased when I was first hired as a fireman in 1978. I used it for nearly 30 years until I retired. It was the original multi purpose tool for fireman. I used it as a knife, screwdriver, prybar and hammer. Luckily when I retired to Idaho Buck Knives moved here also and I was able to drop the knife off at the factory for them to refurbish it. I scratched my hire date into the wood handle when I purchased it. I told the folks at Buck Knives that history and when they buffed/sanded the handle they were able to keep the original date on the handle. Great job!! If they could attach a belt clip to it I would still be using it.

My current EDC knife is also pictured, a Ken Onion design made by Columbia River Knife & Tool in Oregon given to me as a birthday gift from a friend.

Attachments

• IMG_20220112_084201957_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220112_084201957_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 112
   / Let's see your knife. #105  
I have never used this for anything, but I think it belonged to my grandfather. I found it in a closet in my dad's house after he passed away. I don't know anything about it, but I think it sort of looks like it might be from India.
IMG_1074.JPG

/ Let's see your knife. #106  
"Off Grid " brand Backcountry Coyote fixxed blade . One of my favorites .

I don't have a pig in there race ( Off Grid ) . In fact I really hadnt heard of the company till I did some minor research . Sheath awesome also it rides a bit high , tight to body very comfortable . If you have to ask the wife for permission to buy it IMO this is not the knife for you . :)

Attachments

• 20220113_142810.jpg
    20220113_142810.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
  • 20220113_142741.jpg
    20220113_142741.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
   / Let's see your knife. #107  
Another Kershaw Black Gulch, wife bought it for my birthday in 1988, gets a touch up on the 1600 grit stone on the Lansky after every couple of uses, keeps a nice edge and rarely given a heavy sharpen.

Attachments

• 20220123_130823.jpg
    20220123_130823.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
   / Let's see your knife. #108  
Another Kershaw Black Gulch, wife bought it for my birthday in 1988, gets a touch up on the 1600 grit stone on the Lansky after every couple of uses, keeps a nice edge and rarely given a heavy sharpen.
That edge is about as clean as they get!

/ Let's see your knife. #109  
I have two multi tools, Gerber and sog, prefer the Gerber for ease of use but the sog Philips head is better, problem I have is sharpening the blades, they are so narrow that I can't fit them in the lansky system as the stone fouls on the locking mechanism and I don't like the pull through sharpeners.

/ Let's see your knife. #110  
I have a drawer full of knives; I started collecting on a whim and just as quickly stopped. I gave the best ones to my Sons In Law and my grandsons. I still have a bunch, including a Kukri and a German paratrooper's folding knife. I need to clean out my drawer and take some pics. I'll post them when I do. Oh, yeah, I think I still have a couple of John Deere collectables and a Girl Scout knife.