Let's see your knife.

/ Let's see your knife. #91  
I carried the Schrade Uncle Henry Stockman knife for many years when I was young. Probably because that is what my father always used. Also some Case stock knives. I stopped carrying this great knife because it was always a two-handed operation. Then I got the SOG above. I will never carry a knife again that takes two hands to use. So easy to use a kick and flip open like the SOG. And who would have figured, appears this one was made in the USA. I guess I should check to see if the others were also. I think I have four of them. Wonder if they are still made in the US. I think this one must be about 35 years old. I haven't used it for 15 years since I got the SOG.
Yeh I hear that! I like mine coz I could open and close it with one hand, lighting fast.

Before, I had a similar one to my current Spyderco, but lost it (this one is better, anyways). Years ago, I actually pulled that bad boy out and flicked it open behind my back, thinking I was about to get into it near union station (Chicago). I worked evenings/nights around there, so I was walking to my car around midnight, and I though for sure I'm about to get jumped/mugged. There were always dudes like that milling around there, usually coming/leaving by Amtrak...doing some aggressive pandering and/or strongarm muggings in between trains.

Anyways, I spotted right away what they were doing, it was all pretty obvious. But then the one dude pulled the other guy away and they walked away all fast and stuff. Not for sure what happened there, maybe the one dude saw that I pulled a weapon out. But I was totally ready to start slashing and poking at them, I was like "ok then!". I was level 3 krav maga at the time, hella younger and way over-confident.

/ Let's see your knife. #92  
I've had this knife for 20 years. Used it near every other day since then. Got it at a yard sale for two dollars. To this day, I have no ideal what a swedge was used for and never sharpened it. One side of the blade says "Gutmann Cutlery Germany." The other side says "434 Solingen." ... Anyway.... Its been a good and handy knife for 20 years. :)
knife.jpg

Last edited:
   / Let's see your knife. #93  
My son got this knife for me for my birthday. Very sharp, light, thin but good grip, fast finger flipper opener, and a belt clip. A real nice folding knife.

1641853991578.png

/ Let's see your knife. #94  
20181007_101045_0.jpg

/ Let's see your knife. #95  
1641854422169.png

/ Let's see your knife. #96  
It may seem silly but as you age your butt disappears and your pants have a tendency to fall down at the most inopportune times. Heavy pocket knives do not help this situation. My "Go To" no butt, pants dropping knife is this Buck, weighing in at a meager 1.48 ounces.
IMG_20220110_140818_hdr.jpg

/ Let's see your knife. #97  
It may seem silly but as you age your butt disappears and your pants have a tendency to fall down at the most inopportune times. Heavy pocket knives do not help this situation. My "Go To" no butt, pants dropping knife is this Buck, weighing in at a meager 1.48 ounces.View attachment 728725

Exactly where does you butt go?
What will I sit on the commode with?

/ Let's see your knife. #99  
yeah. Butt goes to belly. But not to fret too much. It is still very scratchable!

/ Let's see your knife. #100  
I think it spun around and climbed up around my belly. Come to think of it, that toilet seat has become very hard and uncomfortable.
That's it! I am a 67 year old buttless man with a big gut. :)