Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane

/ Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane #2  
Towed on drawbar? Or used on 3-point hitch?

Bruce

/ Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane #3  
This probably isn't precisely what you were looking for, but here is what I built to maintain a 1/2 mile road. The tail wheel helps keep the crown intact.

/ Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane #4  
Built the one on the Ford for use here at my place. We made the larger one for maintaining some gravel areas at work a few years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1475 small.JPG
    IMG_1475 small.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 351
  • lp1.JPG
    lp1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 365
   / Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane #5  
Here is mine. The lift arms are old satellite dish ribs. I've modified it to add and adjust chains so it's pulled from the drawbar when lowered to minimize lift of the front. Works well,

level1.jpg

level2.jpg

/ Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane #7  
I built a 5' one.

GrdrPaintedFrnt.JPG

CornerLPGS2.JPG

If I replace the top link with a chain it acts like a tow behind unit. Be careful though - if the front blade hits something it can't move the back of the grader will flip up.

P1000987.JPG

You can pick it up with the chain top link

P1000976.JPG

gg

/ Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane #8  
I added Much needed water weight to mine which we use mostly for weed abatement

Attachments

• IMG_3096.jpg
    IMG_3096.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_3097.jpg
    IMG_3097.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 236
   / Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane #9  
   / Lets See Your DIY Tow Behind Landplane #10  
Is the rear plate hinged to let materiel out?

Sorta/maybe. I put it on as an experiment. There are a pair of stop pins at the bottom of the side plates. I can hang the tail gate behind the pins or flip it up and over and let it hang in front of the pins. When behind it acts like a drag but will hold lighter stuff like sod while letting the gravel pass through/under. Like shown here - look close and you can see the left stop pin

SodRemoval2.JPG

With the tail gate behind the pins I can use it as a crude blade if I back into a pile of sod accumulated while cutting the road edge.

P1100964.JPG

I didn't design it to do that I just found out I could after it was built.

If I flip the tail gate over so it is in front of the pins it will hold material in the box like a box blade and I can move material along the road instead of it just passing through like a land plane does. It doesn't come close to replacing a box blade but it comes in handy doing road repair work.

gg