LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs.

/ LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs. #1  

DEWFPO

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Bobcat Toolcat 5600 D
The six OE worklight (not-headlight) bulbs are 50W Halogens, Bobcat P/N 6675336 bulbs.

I'm looking for a whiter, more spread out beam pattern and wondered if anyone has tried replacing these with LED equivalents and if they were satisfied with the LED's.

Thanks, DEWFPO

/ LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs.
Thanks Ruffdog, I searched twice and didn't find anything. You must have the secret touch.:)

/ LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs. #4  
Can't help with LEDs but I did lower the rear work lights to prevent tree branches from hitting the wires and pulling out the light bulb.

Used some aluminum angle:

P5210036.JPG
P5210037.JPG
P5210034.JPG

/ LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs. #5  
you can get LED bulbs that fit the work light housings, some bulbs have a connector pigtail, those I cut the connector off and tinned the wire end, then it will push in the Bobcat connector without splicing, have to look more I figured I did a posting on this some time ago

/ LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs. #6  
I actually switched to LED bulbs in my garage a while back, and let me tell you, it was a game-changer. The old halogens were fine, but the LEDs brought in this crisp, white light that just made everything so much clearer. It's like night and day, literally. And they don't heat up as much, which is a huge plus in a cramped space.

Finding the right LEDs to match the halogens took a bit of hunting, but once I got them, it was smooth sailing. The light spread was just what I needed for detailed work.

Oh, and if you're on the lookout for LED options, I found some great info and choices on leds.to. They've got a bunch of different types, which helped me figure out what I needed. Definitely worth a look if you're thinking of making the switch.

Last edited:
   / LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs. #7  
Yeah, they are good but just wait until they start strobing. I can't tell you how many gas stations I've been to and the LEDs were strobing. It's like they have a timer in them.

/ LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs. #8  
That can happen, but I have switched thousands of fixtures out to led lamps over the years. Including a state maintenance facility that had about 300 of the 9 lamp 4 foot fixtures. I went with ballast bypass style 4’ t8 5000k lamps 7 years ago. To date, not a single burnt out lamp . I was there last month to replace exit lights with led style. Not a single bad lamp. I used Satco brand fixtures..

I changed out all my lights in shop, barn and most of the house with leds. I like the output. My shop is at least twice as bright as it was with the 8 foot HO Lamps that were there before….maybe more than twice as bright.

and in the barn, those old ho fixtures wouldnt even work in high humid times like when snow was melting off. The LED’s have no issue.cold, hot,moist,dry. Just lights up.

/ LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs. #9  
How do folks mount lights to the ROPS? I assume drilling holes is bad for the integrity of the ROPS. I need to mount a bar and was thinking that I might just use hose clamps to secure it.

/ LED Replacement Work Light Bulbs. #10  
hose clamps work better yet muffler clamps