leaking tire fluid.

/ leaking tire fluid. #12  
I have tubeless R-1 Firestones on the back of my M6040. They are filled with 1550 pounds of Rim Guard. Been this way since I bought it new in 2009. I run the rears at 16 psi - never had a moments problems with any leakage.

When I purchased the tractor I checked the many forms of ballast. Pretty hard to get 1500+ pounds of any form of cast wheel weights for a tractor my size.

So........ I've got 1550 pounds of Rim Guard and a 1100# rear blade for ballast.

Has worked well for me.

/ leaking tire fluid. #13  
So do cast wheel weights.
But knowing me, I'd fill them tubes and use weights too. Plus something heavy on the rear. Dare anybody to mess with me. I'd probably be crying when I got stuck, though.

/ leaking tire fluid. #14  
Without tubes the OP can just pump up the tires to the correct pressure. With tubes and if the tire spun on the rim, the OP would would have to remove the fluid and replace the tube because the stem was ripped off.

/ leaking tire fluid. #15  
I have tubeless R-1 Firestones on the back of my M6040. They are filled with 1550 pounds of Rim Guard. Been this way since I bought it new in 2009. I run the rears at 16 psi - never had a moments problems with any leakage.

When I purchased the tractor I checked the many forms of ballast. Pretty hard to get 1500+ pounds of any form of cast wheel weights for a tractor my size.

So........ I've got 1550 pounds of Rim Guard and a 1100# rear blade for ballast.

Has worked well for me.
In my situation, filled tires don't work and the additional 600 pounds the cast centers provide is plenty. All heavily loaded rears do is crush my alfalfa and reduce yields. No ground engaging implements here and if I need a field refitted, that are plenty of farmers around here I can hire to do it.

/ leaking tire fluid.
ok on that...thanks everyone.

/ leaking tire fluid. #17  
I've never understood the fascination with putting liquid in the tires, especially on compact tractors. It corrodes the wheels, makes tires hard, increases the likelihood of punctures and makes repairing punctures more difficult. I keep an implement or a weight box on and I've never had a problem, even digging out ponds and crossing hills.
But not every owner is that conscientious. :) (Especially with compact and sub-compact tractors!) A well-regarded Kioti dealer here (formerly was a Kubota dealer) won't sell a tractor with an FEL without liquid ballast in the rear tires. Too many reports of homeowners and others getting careless and running into stability problems. I heard other dealers are doing the same. When you consider the weight of an implement like a homeowner-duty rear blade or box blade from TSC or Rural King, it doesn't really add much ballast.

Last edited: