leaking tire fluid.

/ leaking tire fluid. #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
Hi folks, gravelman here, i have a 2016 Kubota 2650 i notice the fluid in the rear tires seems to be leaking out at rims edge, not alot but now and then. I thought one tire was getting soft but it is not down. Is this something i need to be concerned about??? I hope the ballast is not corrosive...i was told it was not when purchasing the machine but it should not be leaking either Thanks

/ leaking tire fluid. #2  
If the prior owner used beet juice it should not be corrosive. Calcium chloride has been used extensively in the past and it is corrosive. Do you really know what fluid was used?

/ leaking tire fluid. #3  
Hi folks, gravelman here, i have a 2016 Kubota 2650 i notice the fluid in the rear tires seems to be leaking out at rims edge, not alot but now and then. I thought one tire was getting soft but it is not down. Is this something i need to be concerned about??? I hope the ballast is not corrosive...i was told it was not when purchasing the machine but it should not be leaking either Thanks
I've never understood the fascination with putting liquid in the tires, especially on compact tractors. It corrodes the wheels, makes tires hard, increases the likelihood of punctures and makes repairing punctures more difficult. I keep an implement or a weight box on and I've never had a problem, even digging out ponds and crossing hills.

/ leaking tire fluid. #4  
If it is leaking at the bead, check your tire pressure with a gauge as it may be below recommended pressure.

/ leaking tire fluid.
all set...tire pressure was below. I know it is not corrosive liquid and i agree..i hate that stuff...give me a weight box thank you all

/ leaking tire fluid. #7  
R4 or turf tires?

/ leaking tire fluid. #8  
Easy to tell what you have... Rotate the tire so the valve stem is down and depress the needle. If it comes out milky white, it's CACL. If it comes out slightly red, it's beet juice and if it comes out clear or tinted, it's washer fluid.

I never load tires either. I run cast centers on both my tractors.

/ leaking tire fluid.
They are R 4's

/ leaking tire fluid. #10  
Also had very small leak front R4 low tire pressure,only when using loader.