Leaking quick couplers

/ Leaking quick couplers #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
I purchased a selection of components from one of the commercial members of this forum , that I might add a three spool loader valve in line with the aux hydraulics on my Hurlimann.

The install went just fine, lots of tubing bending and fitting fitting ;-) Everything works very nicely with one exception.

The 1/2" quick couples leak!
At first I thought it was any of the many threaded connections on the spool valve, (the valve it's self is ORB) but I put a paper towel around the connector, and sure enough.. it was the quick couple it's self doing the leaking.

I swapped to a second piece that I had purchased, (always buy extra and save shipping fees ;-) the leakage is reduced, but still drips down the valve mount etc.... Annoying!

So the couplings were new, and still leak. Will new o-rings fix them? Or are they just inadequate? There is a degree of flex associated with the full travel of the loader arms, but there are a pair of hoses and couplings following the same path, and only one leaks.

Or should I just bite the bullet an go buy "name brand" from the local hydraulics shop.

Sometimes, a good value seems like no value at all.

/ Leaking quick couplers #2  
Contact the seller and discuss/resolve.

/ Leaking quick couplers #4  
I'm not none to make an issue over an o-ring.

If it does not work properly straight out of the box why wouldn't you mention it?

/ Leaking quick couplers #5  
I'm not none to make an issue over an o-ring.

Really? Then why bother asking if it's an o-ring issue, or something else? And why mention it's someone who advertises/sells on TBN?:confused2:

/ Leaking quick couplers #6  
If this vendor is selling inferior cheaply made products, then they need to hear about it so they have the opportunity to make it right for you. You shouldn't have to "fix" a new product that they sold to you.

/ Leaking quick couplers #7  
Put a little silicone grease on the o-rings.

/ Leaking quick couplers #8  
Leaky quick connectors generally have cracked O-rings as the main culprit.
Can be as simple as a grain of sand or a tiny nick.

That's easy to fix, just install a new o-ring!

Naturally we assume tape or thread dope was used when installing.

/ Leaking quick couplers
Well, It appears that no one maker has the market cornered on "leakers"

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/240061-quality-hydraulic-disconnects.html

I should have done a more thorough search. This is the type of information I was looking for.

Piloon

If only one could "just pick up and o-ring " at the grocery store. Even the auto parts stores around here are less than useful. No "tractor supplies" within 20 miles. Unless you count TSC, and I don't!

Cheers

/ Leaking quick couplers #10  
Convert them all to skidsteer/flushface couplers - probably as cheap as the various other ISO types you can source - and it's a design that meant to minimize all the dripping and drooling:

Flush Face Coupler for No Spill Applications