Leaking injectors on ford 1500

/ Leaking injectors on ford 1500 #1  

Ky farmer16

Tractor
Kubota l2900 and ford 1500
I just bought a ford 1500 for plowing the gardens and ima change all the fluids in it first because they apparently haven't been changed since 2019 and I was looking and there is fuel leaking out of the injectors ...could it be a seal I am no real mechanic so not sure what I need to do then the key does not turn the tractor off do I need a new ignition switch any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

/ Leaking injectors on ford 1500 #2  
It seems to me that all those two cylinder tractors (1100, 1300, 1500,1700) had no electric shut off. You simply close the throttle all the way. You have to remember to open it a bit to start or it won't start.

With those pumps you need to check the oil in back of the pump.once in a while. Usually the standard is check/change oil in the pump along with oil change in the motor. Some had a drain plug and level/check plug on the side, some don't. If yours has the plugs great. If not you might have to improvise.

About the injector leaks, that may be just gaskets on the return lines. Maybe it's more than that. Gaskets are item 12 on the parts diagram.

/ Leaking injectors on ford 1500 #3  
There is a gasket for the return line..
The 2 halves of the inj are a metal to metal seal..

/ Leaking injectors on ford 1500 #4  
   / Leaking injectors on ford 1500
It seems to me that all those two cylinder tractors (1100, 1300, 1500,1700) had no electric shut off. You simply close the throttle all the way. You have to remember to open it a bit to start or it won't start.

With those pumps you need to check the oil in back of the pump.once in a while. Usually the standard is check/change oil in the pump along with oil change in the motor. Some had a drain plug and level/check plug on the side, some don't. If yours has the plugs great. If not you might have to improvise.

About the injector leaks, that may be just gaskets on the return lines. Maybe it's more than that. Gaskets are item 12 on the parts diagram.

A local New Holland dealer can get the gaskets and switch or order online

Ignition switch item #6
Changed most of the fluids today on old blue that chocolate milk stuff is the hydraulic/transmission oil the engine oil was Nasty and clumpy as well took the air filter off too and it was nasty so I have that metal screen soaking in kerosene but I noticed 2 plugs on the bottom of the tractor under the rear end thats the lowest point on the tractor where something could drain out of them and when I opened them up nothing was in there im trying to figure out what goes in there but I cannot get any answers or find anything as to what kind of fluid goes in there on the internet so I'm thinking that if thats for the rear end it's gotta be gear oil or something but I can't even find a place to put anything in to fill it up so I was thinking maybe it's hydraulic transmission fluid and there is something blocking it from getting to the rear end but that wouldn't make sense either so I'm pretty much lost at this point maybe one of you all can help me thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221016-153826_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221016-153826_Messages.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20221016-155216_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20221016-155216_Photo Editor.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 43
   / Leaking injectors on ford 1500 #6  
That is the low point on the rear end/transmission. Strange nothing came out, but the fill and dipstick for the rear end/hydraulics/transmission is in the transmission cover. DO NOT use gear oil.
Hytrans, UDT, Trans/Hydraulic oil is what it uses.

/ Leaking injectors on ford 1500 #7  
when nothing comes out.... and you know there was oil... it is usually plugged with sludge... stick a screw driver in and clear out the gunk... hopefully then it will come out. Just a thought... :)

/ Leaking injectors on ford 1500 #8  
there are a number of plugs in the 1500 that must come out..usually they may be white.. but anyway.. atleast 5 plugs... 3 on the trans and 2 on the final gear box area.. to get the oil out.. usually if is very sluggy and may need to be helped a little in coming out... but definately, more than two....good luck