Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl.

/ Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl. #1  

City Farmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer
Hi all. I'm at the point where I have to get my arbor press working again. The cylinder is leaking from the top seal. It pumps up a little bit, then bleeds out all over. I've never taken apart a telescopic cylinder before. Can anyone tell me what I'm in for and what the problem could be. If possible, I'd rather try fixing it myself before sending it off. I'll get some pictures later today or tomorrow.
Thanks.

/ Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl. #2  
The top seal is pretty straight forward. I don't think there are any internal seals.

/ Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl.
The top seal is pretty straight forward. I don't think there are any internal seals.

Seriously, that's all there is to it! Lol
I completly over thought this one.
Thanks.

/ Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl. #4  
Is your press a hyd cyl or a hyd jack?

/ Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl. #5  
Check out YouTube there's a video for everything I've been watching them preparing to rebuild my stabilizer cylinder

Is your press a hyd cyl or a hyd jack?

I'm not following you? It's an I-beam hyd. arbor press. It's pretty heavy duty, I "think" it's a 30ton unit.

/ Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl. #7  
I'm not following you? It's an I-beam hyd. arbor press. It's pretty heavy duty, I "think" it's a 30ton unit.

Man I don't know where my mind was at when I asked that, sorry.

/ Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl. #8  
Pix....?

The press has a 5" diameter cyl. I tried looking up the model # but I can't find much info on it. I'll shoot them an email and see if they still support it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 105
   / Leaking arbor press telescoping cyl. #10  
The press has a 5" diameter cyl. I tried looking up the model # but I can't find much info on it. I'll shoot them an email and see if they still support it.

Nice looking rig. I think you will find it is pretty simple rebuild. Cleanliness will be very important to protect the seal and cylinder after assembly.

Worst case you can take the jack to a hydraulic repair shop for rebuild.
The hyd. shop may be able to provide you with the info and seals for it.