Leaf filter guards

/ Leaf filter guards #12  
Pine needles are the big problem with most of them....like the ones with the little holes.

/ Leaf filter guards
A good hurricane will handle them for you. They always fall on your house.
These have made it through 4 pretty good ones since I built the house. Two of them about 10 years ago took out over 150 oak trees on my place. I was lucky, there were 10 big oaks close to my house and all of them blew over luckily only one brushed the side of rear wall and didn't do much damage. Wind did take the top out of a huge oak about 40 feet from the house and rammed it through the roof on the front of the house. My wife threatened to call the cops on me while I was up there cutting it off the roof with my trusty 044 Stihl chainsaw.

/ Leaf filter guards
   / Leaf filter guards #15  
I got the EasyOn gutter guards at Costco. They work great to keep leaves out. And the mesh holes are fine enough that things like leaves, sticks, seeds don't get stuck in the holes. The only issue is that they can freeze up in some conditions so that additional melting rolls off instead of going into the gutter. But in those conditions the amount of water is very low, unlike during rain in the summer.

The ones I got were very easy to install too. And reasonably priced. I think I did the whole house (which is pretty long and has gutters on all non-gable roof edges) for $400-ish.

/ Leaf filter guards #16  
We had “ Leaf Filters“ installed about 10 years ago and have had ZERO problems with them. We do NOT have any PINE TREES anywhere near them. They work great. Our roof pitch is pretty steep (8 in 10) which may help, especially when we get the real heavy rains.

I suspect some of the previous comments regarding leaf filter gutter guards are not the same as the “Leaf Filter“ brand guards. Lowes in our area do not sell them. There are no Menards in our area, so I don’t know about them.

I had previously installed “Rain Handlers” on the gutters on the back of our house (about 30 ft. above the ground) since cleaning the gutters back there was a real pain in the arse. They use chevron vanes to direct the water. The do pretty well at moving the water out away from the house‘s foundation. In really heavy rain, there are sometimes overcome by water pouring down a valley, but the same thing happens to gutters also.

/ Leaf filter guards #17  
You can only get Leaf Filter from Eddie Munster. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ Leaf filter guards #18  
All I have here is pine trees. I've never had a problem with pine needles plugging the standard gutters. The whole thing sounds like a big rip to me.

/ Leaf filter guards #19  
Good Afternoon,
As others have stated, you can buy gutter guards that you can easily install. I bought mine from HD, they are 3ft long and I believe they were about $3 at the time. They keep out most everything, although I dont have an issue with pines near the gutters.

IMO, leaf filter guards installed by a contractor are way over priced.
Do it yourself and save a lot of $$$.

Also, if you do have pine trees, unless its really heavy dropping needles on the house, I would think that the next rain storm would wash away most of that, especially with a steeper pitch roof !

/ Leaf filter guards #20  
All I have here is pine trees. I've never had a problem with pine needles plugging the standard gutters. The whole thing sounds like a big rip to me.

Not everyone has just pine trees. I have maples and oaks and pines and maple and oak leaves will clog gutters and downspouts. I think the commercial installers are a rip off but then, not everyone (especially older folks) can put in the box store leaf guards, especially on a second story. We don't all live in one story homes either. You are the exception not the majority.