latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #21  
Once bitten, twice shy.. I'll never purchase one ever again, besides, they are over priced (just like all of them are today) and I happen to know what the metal is all bout under them as the company I retired from was the largest supplier of non sheet metal (body parts) of anyone supplying them and they bought anything so long as it was cheap.

I could tell you stories about sub standard steel and them having cracked and leaking assemblies from laminated steel, but I won't. Suffice to say, what is underneath the sheet metal (which they happen to get from Thyssen-Krupp) isn't all that good. They base everything on cost per ton unlike Honda and Nissan and Fords and GM and I know because I dealt with it for 29 years. Honda especially and Nissan and even Titan Wheel (yes, we supplied Titan and Kubota in Georgia with sheet steel, would come in and inspect their materials prior to shipping. FCA, never did that that I saw. FAX them the certs and ship it and sometimes the certs were bogus as well. All about the paper trail and manipulation, just like politics.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #23  
I have zero interest in anything in this thread other than user reviews of the new bronco. Any body style is OK.
Arly...are you mostly looking at the 4 door or 2 door? Soft top or hard top? Which engine and package? It seems you can go plain to wild with the options.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
We do not drive autos for there fluff but do need to tow things and might like to have the 4 doors. Seems the 2 door version is shorter.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #26  
Once bitten, twice shy.. I'll never purchase one ever again, besides, they are over priced (just like all of them are today) and I happen to know what the metal is all bout under them as the company I retired from was the largest supplier of non sheet metal (body parts) of anyone supplying them and they bought anything so long as it was cheap.

I could tell you stories about sub standard steel and them having cracked and leaking assemblies from laminated steel, but I won't. Suffice to say, what is underneath the sheet metal (which they happen to get from Thyssen-Krupp) isn't all that good. They base everything on cost per ton unlike Honda and Nissan and Fords and GM and I know because I dealt with it for 29 years. Honda especially and Nissan and even Titan Wheel (yes, we supplied Titan and Kubota in Georgia with sheet steel, would come in and inspect their materials prior to shipping. FCA, never did that that I saw. FAX them the certs and ship it and sometimes the certs were bogus as well. All about the paper trail and manipulation, just like politics.
Been driving personal Jeeps for nearly a million miles now without a frame related issue. If you count employer owned vehicles, then add another million miles, and most of those miles were off pavement on woods roads. Everyone is free to buy what they like, but frame failures are not something I am concerned about.

Been driving personal Jeeps for nearly a million miles now without a frame related issue. If you count employer owned vehicles, then add another million miles, and most of those miles were off pavement on woods roads. Everyone is free to buy what they like, but frame failures are not something I am concerned about.
It would be best to send 5003 a private message or start a new thread.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #28  
I had a deposit on one of the first releases. It never showed up and I got sick of waiting. Ended up buying a 392 Jeep Wrangler instead.. We have had several wranglers..4..maybe 5 over the years so we knew what to expect with the truck overall.. The 392 is just absolutely insane in a Wrangler... Insane. .. Drove a 4dr Bronco a few months ago and it was nice. Im confident in the QC of Ford these days.. ( we have 4 of them ) .. But overall, I felt the Bronco is underpowered, A bit noisy particularly on the highway. And the one I drove did not have a power seat and I felt like I was sitting on the floor.

I had a deposit on one of the first releases. It never showed up and I got sick of waiting. Ended up buying a 392 Jeep Wrangler instead.. We have had several wranglers..4..maybe 5 over the years so we knew what to expect with the truck overall.. The 392 is just absolutely insane in a Wrangler... Insane. .. Drove a 4dr Bronco a few months ago and it was nice. Im confident in the QC of Ford these days.. ( we have 4 of them ) .. But overall, I felt the Bronco is underpowered, A bit noisy particularly on the highway. And the one I drove did not have a power seat and I felt like I was sitting on the floor.
Ford page says,,
-------------------------
Even the most basic Bronco has plenty of pep from a 300-hp turbocharged inline-four with a 10-speed automatic transmission or an available seven-speed manual. The wilder powertrain is a 330-hp twin-turbo V-6.
------------------------------
Which engine was under-powered that you tested?

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #30  
Ford page says,,
-------------------------
Even the most basic Bronco has plenty of pep from a 300-hp turbocharged inline-four with a 10-speed automatic transmission or an available seven-speed manual. The wilder powertrain is a 330-hp twin-turbo V-6.
------------------------------
Which engine was under-powered that you tested?
I believe the big HP number is only in the Raptor trim level Bronco. The one I drove was a cloth seats, 4dr soft top power windows automatic .. Fairly pedestrian setup. I drove it about 8-10 miles up the highway and back.. With maybe 4 miles of side road as well. The highway.. I think 65mph was all I wanted to do given the noise , and I think that's about where it was happy power wise. Side roads it certainly had adequate power.