Laser rust remover

/ Laser rust remover #21  
Besides, get a jug of driveway cleaner that says it cleans rust spots, ( phosphoric acid, etc ) and slip the pressure washer syphon hose in it. Chemically convert the rust the easy way.

/ Laser rust remover #22  
Besides, get a jug of driveway cleaner that says it cleans rust spots, ( phosphoric acid, etc ) and slip the pressure washer syphon hose in it. Chemically convert the rust the easy way.
Now I like that idea!

/ Laser rust remover #23  
I can just see one of you guys walking around in rags and pushing a shopping cart saying. I used to have a nice house and a car and truck and tractor..... I sold it all and now I can blast the rust off of my shopping cart.:cool2: but I have to weight until I get back from supper down at the mission. :shocked: Ed

/ Laser rust remover #24  
How long until a guy in his garage doesn't have to sell everything he owns to afford one of these lasers? 20 years??

/ Laser rust remover #25  
   / Laser rust remover #26  
How many really need plasma cutters but have/want one?

/ Laser rust remover
People have a lot of money these days, despite what they say. It's harder than it EVER was!!! The depression-era folks are mostly gone.

When specialty tools get below $1000 a lot of people buy them to save 1 hour per year.

/ Laser rust remover #28  
Given the fact you can buy a laser pen that will catch wood on fire for under a hundred, I don't think too long.... Honestly the machine seems overpriced but it is probably a verticle market issue, how many people really need a laser rust remover.

World's Most Powerful Handheld Laser - Starts A Fire - YouTube

My Homemade 4W LASER SHOTGUN!!!!! - YouTube

I was at a gun and knife show last year and there were blue? lasers that would burn paper.

I would think that since the tech is available.. that soon enough china will make it cheaper.

/ Laser rust remover #29  
The company:

1000 Watts High Power Laser Systems - cleanLASER

The price: $480,000.

From
Laser Rust Removal: Too Good To Be True? - Short Shift

"Hello Chris,

Our laser systems are high end industrial cleaning tools for many industrial applications. They are being used in fully automated systems to prepare parts to welding, or to strip paint of aircraft, such as the F-16.

Our Backpack unit with 20W starts at $80,000.00. The CL 1000, as featured on the You Tube or the TV show, starts at $480,000.00.

Please let me know if you need further information."

Bruce

/ Laser rust remover #30  
The lasers they use on thick plate steel really impress me.

We have lots of $250+K laser systems at work. They are femtosecond (10 to the -15 power seconds) laser systems so extremely short pulses that are tuneable for wavelength. They will burn you or blind you but not cut steel.

When I was in grad school, a student violated all of how he was trained and ended up putting his arm in the beam and getting multiple "doughnut" burns. This was an old system that pulsed at 10 Hz. Similar to the old HS physics experiment where you measured acceleration by measuring the distance between tick marks on a piece of paper, I calculated how fast he accelerated his arm once he felt the burns. It made a nice teaching moment for my fellow students. A couple of people had burned themselves previously but those accidents were quickly forgotten. But because they remembered me measuring his arm for the calculations, we did not have any additional events like that.

Ken