Laser rust remover

/ Laser rust remover #11  
"she just rolled her eyes " - Yeah, but she didn't say NO... :D

Ohhhh....serves me right for reading the last post before starting at the BEGINNING of the thread.

Terry

/ Laser rust remover #12  
That is REALLY cool!! While we are on the subject...What do you Fella's and Gals do or what products do you use? I have an old 72"land-pride mower I want to refurbish, nobody damage, just surface rust, I was thinking just a grinder with a wire brush or a disc sander with 100 grit initially, then going finer. Any suggestions? would love your feedback!

Cheers

Roger

/ Laser rust remover #13  
I can see the lights flickering at the next town over

/ Laser rust remover #14  
Gotta admit tho, that's pretty dang impressive. When they finally build a WORKING phaser, I'll prob'ly start robbin' banks in my wheel chair to pay for one :D

I'll bet that thing takes an unwanted tatoo off as well. ;)

can't wait for the phaser!

/ Laser rust remover #15  
That is REALLY cool!! While we are on the subject...What do you Fella's and Gals do or what products do you use? I have an old 72"land-pride mower I want to refurbish, nobody damage, just surface rust, I was thinking just a grinder with a wire brush or a disc sander with 100 grit initially, then going finer. Any suggestions? would love your feedback!

Cheers

Roger

take it to a pressure washer.. one of the commercial guys that have the 3000 psi pluss systems. those usually will strip paint and all.

then prime n paint. :)

/ Laser rust remover #16  
take it to a pressure washer.. one of the commercial guys that have the 3000 psi pluss systems. those usually will strip paint and all. then prime n paint. :)
Maybe but much higher than 3k psi to remove rust down to bare I think.

/ Laser rust remover #17  
so a few people I kmow do laser hair removal. one of the big notes is that it is predicated on hair color, those with lighter hair have a harder time with successful hair removal.

The reason I bring this up is that i am watching the paint removal. The guy is going fine with the red paint, but the white primer he is having to work at it harder. So if whatever you were working on's issue was light in color or reflective you probably will have a harder time getting it off.

/ Laser rust remover #18  
The other thing is the machine costs 400K in the configuration shown on the videos. I showed this to a metal worker friend and he said at that price he could buy new and never come close to the costs of the machine.

/ Laser rust remover #19  
Darker pigments always absorb more energy. On gel acatate light filters, dark reds and blues always burn faster than yellows and ambers.

/ Laser rust remover #20  
Maybe but much higher than 3k psi to remove rust down to bare I think.

Perspective man, perspective!

He said he wants to blow some paint on an old mower!, not paint a rolls!

And I can assure you, 3000-3600 will blow surfach flash rust off. Deep crusty pits it will clean the loose off but wont strip bate, but the light orange powdery freckled stuff, yeah.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

SHOPBILT 16' T/A BUMPERPULL TRAILER, NO TITLE... (A34808)
SHOPBILT 16' T/A...
ASSORTED BRROM BRUSHES (A34808)
ASSORTED BRROM...
(10) 4X5 ROUND BALES OF BERMUDA/CLOVER HAY YOUR BID X 10 (A34808)
(10) 4X5 ROUND...
7" MILWAKEE ANGLE GRINDER & SAWZALL (A34808)
7" MILWAKEE ANGLE...
1040 ROTO GRIND TUB GRINDER W/1000 PTO (A34733)
1040 ROTO GRIND...
ELECTRIC HAY STACKER (A34808)
ELECTRIC HAY...