Landscape rake opinions

/ Landscape rake opinions #11  
Check out York rake with drop down grader blade.
The york rakes are great with some interesting and useful options. The drop down grader blade is not as well built as a purpose built blade. The used york rake I bought had one of the two supports for the grader blade busted apart…. However I cannot tell you how it was used or abused before I bought it.

/ Landscape rake opinions #12  
That’s good to know. Do you have the 60” on a BX or similar tractor?
I used my Woods 72” with gauge wheels on a BX1850. This was just for leveling yard after adding on to my house. Had to lower the lift pins so would lift more than few inches off the ground.
this was on flat ground with no rock.

/ Landscape rake opinions #13  
I have a land pride 96. I’ll check the model in an hour or so when it’s light outside. Go heavy. I’ve used mine to cleanup freshly cleared land for a 5 acre orchard. I’ve dragged fields to pull debris and prepare soil for seed. Also have used it after discing and seeding to close the soil up for better seed/soil contact.
It isnon the tractor right now, because we have been cleaning up the field out front after burning debris. It makes spreading ash and lime easier on a new field like this. Getting ready to plant timothy/fescue/alfalfa/trefoil mix. The field was bumpy with potholes and lots of bromegrass. Box blade was used for the more egregious lumps and uneven spots and them the rake. The field is a muddy mess now, but should turn into a much nicer smoother area for livestock.

/ Landscape rake opinions #14  
That’s good to know. Do you have the 60” on a BX or similar tractor?
I have a Leinbach rake 6' on a 32hp LS. I picked it up used and have abused it and had to fix it. If I was to buy a new one I would go with that Landpride. Your tractor should have no issues picking up a 250 pound implement.

Last edited:
   / Landscape rake opinions #15  
Check out York rake with drop down grader blade.
If all he was doing was driveway maintenance that looks pretty hip. It doesnt look good for clearing work though, and you can't turn it around backwards! The york rake also looks pretty light duty that wouldn't last long on my tractor.

Last edited:
   / Landscape rake opinions #16  
As others have said, go heavy and get gauge wheels. I have 100's of hours on my heavy 7' Leinbach.

/ Landscape rake opinions #17  
I was wrong, its an 84 not a 96. LR3784

I think I was looking g for a 96 but this was the only decent land rake around. Drove two counties over to pick it up. Actually brought it back in the bed of my Ram.
IMG_1321.jpg

/ Landscape rake opinions #18  
We were using it this week and it rained for the last two days so I’m not moving the tractor till tomorrow. Hopefully it dries out some today.
But you can probably see that we’ve been working the field
image-2024-02-25-10:01:06-478.jpg

image-2024-02-25-10:02:20-043.jpg

/ Landscape rake opinions #19  
I like the kick stand on that one. It looks well made and is fitted with mounts for a cylinder to change the angle of the blade. I added a cylinder to mine for that function. Being able to change the angle from the seat is a game changer for rake operation.
I rake mostly fist size rocks off the surface here by windrowing them for removal from cleared areas, horse pastures and such.

/ Landscape rake opinions #20  
If all he was doing was driveway maintenance that looks pretty hip. It doesnt look good for clearing work though, and you can't turn it around backwards! The york rake also looks pretty light duty that wouldn't last long on my tractor.
York makes different qualities of rakes, some light duty others heavy duty. The heavy duty ones are pricey.