Landscape rake opinions

/ Landscape rake opinions #1  

kurtfromct

I have a BX23s and want to get a 60” landscape rake. There’s a handful of options I’m looking at and I keep drawing myself to their weights. Is something light associated with cheap?

- Landpride LR0560, 113lbs (is this rake too “light” to be durable and get work done?)
- Landpride LR1660, 241 lbs (too heavy?)
- CountyLine from Tractor Supply (junk?), 195lbs
- Iron Craft 5105, 180lbs
- Mahindra 5 foot (KLRSD5), 230lbs

The Landpride LR1660 is most expensive option, all the others are fairly close in price. Any opinions?

/ Landscape rake opinions #2  
curious your application for the rake. having owned one but used little, i'd say go with the heaviest duty model.

/ Landscape rake opinions
curious your application for the rake. having owned one but used little, i'd say go with the heaviest duty model.
Raking about 1/4acre of rough graded recently cleared property to plant clover, spreading topsoil to fix areas of the lawn, cleaning up the wooded areas or the property and spreading wood chips. Residential use at my house and occasionally a family member’s home

/ Landscape rake opinions #4  
   / Landscape rake opinions #5  
Check out York rake with drop down grader blade.

/ Landscape rake opinions #6  
I would get the most heavy duty one(Landpride LR1660), since you will be using it for more than just driveway work.

i have used mine extensively for cleaning up cleared land, pushing debris, clearing blackberry, and for scraping ground prior to seeding. It works excellent for this purpose. In fact it is one of my favorite 3 pt. implements. I highly recommend.

Out of the different ones I have looked at the Landpride seems the most robust and well constructed.

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Landscape rake opinions #7  
I would consider getting one with gauge wheels for grading. They make grading very precise and quick.
I had a nice LandPride blade with gauge wheels for my (then) gravel driveway. It was a well built implement.

I would get the most heavy duty one(Landpride LR1660), since you will be using it for more than just driveway work.

i have used mine extensively for cleaning up cleared land, pushing debris, clearing blackberry, and for scraping ground prior to seeding. It works excellent for this purpose. In fact it is one of my favorite 3 pt. implements. I highly recommend.

Out of the different ones I have looked at the Landpride seems the most robust and well constructed.
That’s good to know. Do you have the 60” on a BX or similar tractor?

I would consider getting one with gauge wheels for grading. They make grading very precise and quick.
I had a nice LandPride blade with gauge wheels for my (then) gravel driveway. It was a well built implement.
That’s a good point, anything to make the final grade come out better would be great.