Land Pride vs Bush Hog rotary cutter questions

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog rotary cutter questions
Robert_in_NY: these cutters are made for mowing ditches ect. tractor can stay on lever ground and the wing can be on a steep slope. this will work well for your cutting projects, but the 85hp would cut faster ground speed than a 55 hp would. landpride also makes a reverse rotation option, this throws cut materail toward the ditch and not on the road.

Thats what brought my attention to them, we have been wanting to get a ditch bank mower for a while but couldn't see buying something just for that one task. The offset mower would be ideal since it would allow us to cut the pond edges, channels and ditches on our ground as well as cut the flat ground faster then with the 6' job.

I try to have two tractors that can use every implement I own so in case one is tied up or broke down I still can use the implement when I need to. So which ever tractor is available is what will be used. This is a purchase for most likely next year, I was just thinking about it now since I was talking with the dealership about rotary cutters and we do need to replace the 6' Woods but not as dire as the 5' King Kutter.

I really don't see myself cutting along the roads very much but I am sure once I have it I will find myself doing that at some point in time. Thanks for that info.

Have had really liked my 8ft Landpride(RCR3596) tough shredderView attachment 230448 No vineyards here just brush,small trees,goatweeds,etc.Hope it helps!!

Thanks, every reply is useful. The light duty mowers don't really represent the companies too well in my view. They are too easily abused and as a result there are more owners disappointed with the brand as a result which is why I tried to stress in my original post that I was dealing strictly with the medium duty cutters. I want to see what the people who actually have the medium duty models from these two companies think of them and it doesn't have to be the same 5' model, just similar duty rating/build quality so that I can better judge them.

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog rotary cutter questions #13  
Over the past weekend, the wife and I visited a local U-Pick farm/commercial orchard/vineyard/winery that's been in business for 3 generations. They've made the "big time"! They have quite an assortment of new, modern equipment these days. One piece that I was particularly interested in is a Rhino "vineyard mower".

RHINO | Flex-Wing | V-152 Orchard Mowers

I noticed it since I'd just bought the Rhino flex wing mower.

Kinda pricey, but worth a look!

Farmwithjunk said:
Over the past weekend, the wife and I visited a local U-Pick farm/commercial orchard/vineyard/winery that's been in business for 3 generations. They've made the "big time"! They have quite an assortment of new, modern equipment these days. One piece that I was particularly interested in is a Rhino "vineyard mower".

RHINO | Flex-Wing | V-152 Orchard Mowers

I noticed it since I'd just bought the Rhino flex wing mower.

Kinda pricey, but worth a look!

Thanks bill but my rows are 9' apart so that mower wont work too well :)

The dealer yesterday suggested something similar as he wanted to sell me a tractor but couldnt meet my HP to width requirement

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog rotary cutter questions #17  
The dealer yesterday suggested something similar as he wanted to sell me a tractor but couldnt meet my HP to width requirement

By "9' apart" are you talking 9' center to center, or 9' in the clear (as in a 9' mower would be the right width?) I do know of a 102" wide mower....If it's still being built.

By "9' apart" are you talking 9' center to center, or 9' in the clear (as in a 9' mower would be the right width?) I do know of a 102" wide mower....If it's still being built.

9' center to center and you lose more of that by the way the vines grow. A 6' cutter can work in most new vineyards but in older vineyards where the trunks are much larger it gets tight and you have to be careful so you don't snag one which is why 5' is ideal. You can't snag one with the edge of the cutter unless you try to on puropose.

The mower you showed earlier is ideal for orchards because it is designed to reach under the low limbs and its protected if you do bump something. My orchard is only 3 acres and it cost me more money then it will ever make me so I don't worry about it. If I get a 10' offset then I can trim under the trees good enough for maintainence but thats all I would want to do. Just enough to keep the brush and briars from taking over. The rest of the apples go to the deer and what ever other critter wants to eat them.

/ Land Pride vs Bush Hog rotary cutter questions #19  
Don't know if you found the information you were looking for yet or not but, just purchased a 6' bushhog squealer today. We looked at both the squealer and the light duty side by side. On the Squealer model, the gear box is beefier and rated for believe it was 70 HP. The light model was only rated for 35 HP. I would look at the gear box rating of each model you are considering and match it to your tractors.