Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds!

/ Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #11  
Poor weld for sure, as stated, no penetration, how are the other welds on it.

/ Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #12  
If the weld had wrapped around the corner it would have been much stronger.Just another example of a manufacturer doing the minimum that is required.It is the difference between doing it right and doing it good enough.

/ Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #13  
I checked my Land Pride grapple (post #7) and all the welds are fine. Interesting point there - kcender - all the welds on mine do wrap around and continue down the other side. They all are much heavier welds than in the OP's pic - of course, mine is a considerably heavier grapple.

/ Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #14  
G31, do the rest of your welds wrap around? If not you might point this out and ask for a entirely new grapple. Not that it could not be fixed. But nothing gets someone's attention more that having do deal with a large used returned piece of equipment. The dealer/ manufacturer might take more notice that way and fix the sloppy manufacturing problem.

/ Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #15  
That is a typical MIG weld when not properly set. Nice smooth looking weld with little to no penetration. This is why I still prefer stick welding, not to say that you cant get cold lap with stick but, it is much more prevalent in MIG and FCAW.

If it were mine, I would grind that crappy weld off and weld it back with some E7018. You do need a good DC welding machine though to tackle that job.

/ Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #16  
I could have that fixed in about 5 minutes not including repainting. Grind that lousy MIG weld out and hit it a lick with some 7018 at 125 amps. It will be there to stay. That is not the first manufactures MIG weld that was done too cold, and it won't be the last. I had to repair my old Kubota Bucket cutting edge weld too on one side because the welder did a poor job. I finally noticed it after it cracked some more. Just ground it out and laid in some 7018 with my little stick welder.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/249487-oh-no-my-bucket-broken.html?highlight=

/ Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #17  
That is a typical MIG weld when not properly set. Nice smooth looking weld with little to no penetration. This is why I still prefer stick welding, not to say that you cant get cold lap with stick but, it is much more prevalent in MIG and FCAW.

If it were mine, I would grind that crappy weld off and weld it back with some E7018. You do need a good DC welding machine though to tackle that job.

I could have that fixed in about 5 minutes not including repainting. Grind that lousy MIG weld out and hit it a lick with some 7018 at 125 amps. It will be there to stay. That is not the first manufactures MIG weld that was done too cold, and it won't be the last. I had to repair my old Kubota Bucket cutting edge weld too on one side because the welder did a poor job. I finally noticed it after it cracked some more. Just ground it out and laid in some 7018 with my little stick welder.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/249487-oh-no-my-bucket-broken.html?highlight=

How funny!, we both came to the same conclusion at the same time.:thumbsup:

/ Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #19  
   / Land Pride grapple owners, check your welds! #20  
I keep hearing this but I am wondering what is the reason this is the case? Is it because many more 'hacks' just pick up a MIG and start welding, or is it something with the process?