Lady Bugs

/ Lady Bugs #1  

barticus73

Silver Member
Clarksburg, Pa(Between Indiana and Saltsburg Pa)
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7272,Farmall 544
Hi,

Every year around this time our house becomes a magnet for lady bugs and I can't seem to find much info on how to get rid of them. Our current method is sucking them up with a handheld Vacuum but 10 minutes later is seems like you never sucked any up, lol. So, has anyone here ever found a soultion to deal with the bugs permanantly?

/ Lady Bugs #2  
Lady Bugs are the Gardner's best friend
Jim

/ Lady Bugs #3  
barticus73 said:
Hi,

Every year around this time our house becomes a magnet for lady bugs and I can't seem to find much info on how to get rid of them.

The ones that come around here seem "aggressive". My wife says the "bite". I think I have felt them take a nibble on my neck. Someone says they are Japanese Lady Bugs.. They do help in the garden.

My wife just vacuums them up. Keeps her happy and busy.
Bob

/ Lady Bugs
MrJimi said:
Lady Bugs are the Gardner's best friend
Jim

They are not the gardners best friend when inside the house! I am talking over a hundred or more a day get sucked up in the vacuum and these ones do bite. The bites not bad, just annoying and they have an odor to them, especially if you smash one, lol. They are just a total annoyance and I want them gone, lol!

/ Lady Bugs #5  
They are not true ladybugs. They do bite (or nibble, perhaps more correcty) and stink bad when crushed. They are spawned in h-e-double hockey sticks.

HERE

They can gather in and around a home by the hundreds and thousands as it gets cooler. I just sprayed the crawlspace, bottom band and eaves yesterday with Bifen for the fall....it helps prevent insects from entering the house to overwinter.

/ Lady Bugs #7  
Bifen is a residual spray. It kills, but is not a knockdown spray. It helps keep down the entire insect population. Virtually no spiders in here through winter. We use glue traps around baseboards and window sills for the few strays that survive the spray. Since beginning a fall spray routine a few years ago we have virtually no problem with overwintering insects in the house.

/ Lady Bugs #8  
Those little critters were swarming outside my house today. You would have thought my white house was white with red pokadots today. :) Guess my house is prety bug secure though as I rarely ever see them inside.

/ Lady Bugs #9  
I've noticed a large increase in lady bugs during the past 5-6 years. I came home today after work to find my house covered in lady bugs. They were swarming around everywhere. I've heard that Virginia Tech released lady bugs several years ago to control the locust population. I do not know if this is true or not, but I only live about 20 miles from the campus and campus farms. I have literaly vacumed a couple pounds of the darn things with the shop vac. I just had the house sprayed two weeks ago and it hasn't helped.