L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder

/ L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder #1  

Hilbilly

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L6060HSTCC
When I first got the L6060 I was impressed at how quiet the engine was, almost as quiet as my F350 6.7l. However as time goes by the engine is getting louder and louder. Initially the engine ran quietly all the time and then it started to develop a knocking sound after warming up for a few minutes. The sound is like the older loud diesels, just not as loud. Lately the knocking occurs on start up and then gets louder again after warming up for a few minutes. What would cause this and should i be concerned about it?

My 2 year warranty will expire in a couple of months and I would like to make sure this is not an expensive problem in the making.

/ L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder #2  
When did you last check the oil, and/or change the oil and filter? My machine is quieter after a service.

/ L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder
I checked the oil level a week ago and it was fine. I changed the oil and filters at 50 hrs and it's just about due for the 400 hr service, which includes engine oil and filter. I have all the supplies on hand and will change them when I hit the 400 hr mark. Kubota sure doesn't give their stuff away. The HST filter alone was $100 :eek: and it made in China.

/ L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder #4  
I'm not sure about Kubota but usually the engine oil change interval is somewhere between 200 and 250 hours. If that's the case, looks like you're about 100 hours over that. Wondering if fresh oil would fix that?

Again, I don't know about Kubota service intervals and this may not make sense at all.

/ L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder #5  
If it's still under warranty I'd be getting in touch with the dealer you bought it from asap.

/ L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder
I'm not sure about Kubota but usually the engine oil change interval is somewhere between 200 and 250 hours. If that's the case, looks like you're about 100 hours over that. Wondering if fresh oil would fix that?

Again, I don't know about Kubota service intervals and this may not make sense at all.
I just double checked the owners manual and it clearly states the engine oil and filter to be changed every 400 hrs. You scared me for a minute but I'm good now, lol.

If it's still under warranty I'd be getting in touch with the dealer you bought it from asap.
I think I will contact them on Monday.

/ L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder #9  
I just double checked the owners manual and it clearly states the engine oil and filter to be changed every 400 hrs. You scared me for a minute but I'm good now, lol.

I think I will contact them on Monday.
That's what I would do as it's still within warranty.

Be advised that Kubota will not pay a warranty claim if the dealer does not find anything wrong. As a result, Your dealer may charge you. Mine most certainly would.

/ L6060 Engine Noise Getting Louder #10  
I would DEFINITELY contact the dealer where you purchased the tractor. My engine oil/filter change is every 400 hours OR annually.