L4610 Delivery/ tires/ 4in1 bucket

/ L4610 Delivery/ tires/ 4in1 bucket #11  
So I should be the logging company sounds like to me I know I was missing something!!! But I'm sorry to say that there are some slack subs around here as well but there are some outstanding crews also. The shame of it is the few bad apples ruin it for all.

Like I said in the earlier post people don't realize the clauses that can be put in a contract so the logging company has to comply before payment is recieved to them. People somtimes see the $$$$ and think my woods are worth that much WOW. But when the loggers leave it looks like a bunch of bombs have gone off.
Now is where I come in to clean up the junk and try to get rid of some of the ruts as well. What amazes me is that I qoute a price and they laugh at how high it is so I leave a couple extra cards for cleanup after the loggers are long gone. A few months go by and the phone rings--Are you still interested in doing some cleanup?

Del I would have loved to see their faces after the good good ford dug that ditch great move!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Boy I sure would have fun with a L4610 with a 4 in 1 with the slash the ruts and anything else!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Gordon

/ L4610 Delivery/ tires/ 4in1 bucket
Well it got here!! ABOUT 2 HRS AGO. The hyd. leak turn out to be a bad oring on the remote, no biggy. i took it out in the mud per. Gorden's recomendation and yep he is right the R4s ante worth a poop in the mud. I have a spot that I have been working on a small pond so I put it to the test. One thing I will check is the air preasure in the tires it seams high. But dose this thing have the power!!!! took it in to the gravle pit and dug around with the loader, you have to work at sticking it. But its off to michelin land for this kid. the R4s just loaded right up with mud, turn them in to 4 big slicks.
RICH

/ L4610 Delivery/ tires/ 4in1 bucket #13  
Has it got enough power to suit you ? Doesn't that just make you mad when the tires just load up and won't chean themselves!!! The B20 loaner I have has the R-4s and boy do I cuss them!!! Changing tires will be night and day thats for sure so you ready to put a few scratches in that bright new paint job??
I do wish I was in your shoes today./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

I plan on doing a little work this weekend but I want to make a skid plate for the bottom befor I get to carried away in the woods. There is to much stuff under this thing, but I think I can use the loader frame to bolt up a plate. Got to order the tires first, it would look real bad getting this thing stuck. I know that the paint will get a little ruff looking but I got it to use it not look at it.
RICH

/ L4610 Delivery/ tires/ 4in1 bucket #15  
Congratulations! I'm glad you got some 'normal' tires to try first - this way you'll be able to appreciate my recommendation of the Michelins. Keep us posted.

I sure wish I had an L4610... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

Thats ok Mark looks like you made "poster of the month". Will this hold you over till your next tractor???
Those hyd. cyl. that you have on the 3-pt. what size
did you use?? Or if you have posted info on that befor can you give me a idea where to look. thanks
RICH
PS I will have fun this weekend./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ L4610 Delivery/ tires/ 4in1 bucket #17  
Rich - Whaddaya mean "hold me over until my next tractor"? The poster of the month award means I get a new tractor. And I get to pick the brand. I think I'm going to hang on to "free tractor" coupon for a while, though - I'm holding out for an HST M-series. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I used 1.75" cylinders for the side links, and 2" for the top link.

Mark

/ L4610 Delivery/ tires/ 4in1 bucket #18  
richh,

Are the r-4's really that bad, I know mark has the tires we all need but the cost hurts. I am getting my new 4310 HST-C on the 19th and after reading these posts I am having second thoughts about the R-4's. Maybe I should just stay with R-1's like gordon did. I won't be using my tractor in the mud that often though but the thought of getting stuck in a manure pile is not apealing. I guess I will just keep reading and decide on the 19th. thanks Mike

Mike, the R4s are great tire if you are not going to run in the mud alot. I was out tonight mowing with a bush hog and liked the the fact that they didn't tear up the ground. I have only ever had R1s in the pass. I use my tractor for skidding logs out of the woods so your pulling and turning a lot and I use the brakes to turn so this means some times you have only one rear wheel and one or if your lucky two front wheels working, and if you have a good load of logs there isn't much bite up front!!! So you need good grip. The mud I ran in last night has a fair amount of clay in it and was about 6 to 8" deep, I could still get about 3/4 of a bucket the tires just spun alot. With my limted exp. with then I would say that they are a good "midlle of the road" tire. I don't have any manure exp. but would not want to get stuck their ether.
RICH

/ L4610 Delivery/ tires/ 4in1 bucket #20  
I was concerned about the R4's when I went to buy a tractor. I bought an L35 and the dealer told me that yes the tires aren't as good in mud but that's why they put that long orange stick thing on the back of the tractor, to push it out of the mud. I found a bonus I can even dig holes with it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif