L4400 no Start

/ L4400 no Start #11  
Do you get power to the solenoid when you turn the key to start? Check the wire from key switch to solenoid for abraded insulation/short. I had a similar intermittent no start on a perkins 4-108 that was a shorted wire to exhaust manifold. If you get no shorts/no power to solenoid, are you getting power out of the key switch? you said it used to start after jiggling wires near starter. I'd start there & trace back for breaks/shorts/mouse sign.

/ L4400 no Start
nothing can be easy, dang remote for front end loader in the way of that bottom philips on the dash cowl, see if i got a stubby philips and work it in there

/ L4400 no Start
So was going to go back out and start tinkering around trying to get into the dash and what happens lighting and pouring pouring rain now for the last 45 minutes,, check the radar and yep big ole thunderstorm sitting right on top of my area, well all that means is its nap time

/ L4400 no Start #14  
I do not think digging in to your dash to find where the buzz comes from accomplishes anything. Have you tried all the things I suggested in post #8? Your sentences run together in post #10 enough that I honestly cannot tell what you did.

/ L4400 no Start #15  
all the best on this difficulty. btw on this day, thank you for your service overseas. regards,

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / L4400 no Start
I do not think digging in to your dash to find where the buzz comes from accomplishes anything. Have you tried all the things I suggested in post #8? Your sentences run together in post #10 enough that I honestly cannot tell what you did.
not getting any power to the solinoid and not getting any power to the fuse box only light that is coming on the dash is one on the top left the one of the right is no working and below to the left nothing coming on at all
so thinking it might be the switch

/ L4400 no Start #17  
not getting any power to the solinoid and not getting any power to the fuse box only light that is coming on the dash is one on the top left the one of the right is no working and below to the left nothing coming on at all
so thinking it might be the switch
Well it could be, but I thought you hear a buzz or clicking when you turn the switch(?) If so it is not the switch. I'd still guess one of the safety interlocks is preventing the 12v getting to the solenoid. I know you said it was difficult to reach the starter but there must be some way to reach that solenoid trigger wire (which is the thin one , I think brown vinyl insulation on it.) If you can clean the insulation off for just a short bare spot and clip a wire lead to it. Then while holding the switch to the start position touch that temporary wire to the positive term of the battery thus guaranteeing 12v gets there. If that cranks the engine then you know some of the safety interlocks are not satisfied.

/ L4400 no Start
Well it could be, but I thought you hear a buzz or clicking when you turn the switch(?) If so it is not the switch. I'd still guess one of the safety interlocks is preventing the 12v getting to the solenoid. I know you said it was difficult to reach the starter but there must be some way to reach that solenoid trigger wire (which is the thin one , I think brown vinyl insulation on it.) If you can clean the insulation off for just a short bare spot and clip a wire lead to it. Then while holding the switch to the start position touch that temporary wire to the positive term of the battery thus guaranteeing 12v gets there. If that cranks the engine then you know some of the safety interlocks are not satisfied.
Tried jumping starter nothing at all, so I guess guy who said it was ok was wrong, finally got switch out that was a 2hr ordeal, that one center bolt that holds the cowl on top there is just no way of getting to it with taking a die grinder and cutting away the metal on the hood, have checked all fuses still getting no power to dash so thats why i figure it has to be the switch so got one ordered hopefully that will be in tomarrow ,,, but pulling that starter off i just dredge doing that if that loader wasnt on then i bet it take 3 minutes to pull off.

/ L4400 no Start
is there any other fuses on the machine other at the battery there are 3 there a 40 and and 2 30 amp fuses then the fuse box above the cluth pedal, all those fuses are good as well.

/ L4400 no Start
is there any other fuses on the machine other at the battery there are 3 there a 40 and and 2 30 amp fuses then the fuse box above the cluth pedal, all those fuses are good as well.
if the switch is bad would this cause now power to get to fuse panel?? Getting the starter you can only turn bolt about 1/16th of turn then you have repostion rachet so it will catch and turn but not enough room to keep turning its huge PAIN