L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector?

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #21  
I was told by the dealer it was for the rear window defrost which is similar to an automobile style rear window defrost. (Not circulated air)
I have that on my L4060 & it's not plugged in there. That would make for a nice cord tangle as the hinge is at the top (where the wiring actually is). Also machines with no cab options at all have the same plug.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #22  
L30 manual shows a plug with black and yellow/red wires for defogger. 3 plugs, left, right and rear. All 3 yellows tie together and go to defogger switch. I would assume L40 is similar. Will look at mine later, I have them also.
Defogger is heat trace on the glass.

Light connectors are outside the cab, different color wires, different connector.

The l-30-wsm-en manual is still available online for downloading... Just saying.

Last edited:
   / L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #23  
I have that on my L4060 & it's not plugged in there. That would make for a nice cord tangle as the hinge is at the top (where the wiring actually is). Also machines with no cab options at all have the same plug.
The picture the op shows is a cab connector.

Non cab does show work light connector, with just a yellow wire, no black. Wired to a fuse.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector?
L30 manual shows a plug with black and yellow/red wires for defogger. 3 plugs, left, right and rear. All 3 yellows tie together and go to defogger switch. I would assume L40 is similar. Will look at mine later, I have them also.
Defogger is heat trace on the glass.

Light connectors are outside the cab, different color wires, different connector.

The l-30-wsm-en manual is still available online for downloading... Just saying.

Where does the manual show those connectors? On my machine the defrost connections are up top.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #25  
That was based on l30 shop manual electrical schematic which I thought would be similar to L40. So I went and looked at my L40, and I was wrong, it's not defrost. Here are defrost, they are individual connectors per wire, black and yellow/black. Zooming in on the schematic it is Y/B, not Y/R for defrost. The bottom of the letter sits on the wire line, so was hard to tell R from B.
1489516585494.jpg

the white connector is only on the left side.

Schematic shows yellow and black for a ciger lighter. Shown on all model variations.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #26  
I have a set of work lights from Kubota that plug into that connector on my L3830 open station tractor. It is hooked into the ignition and has an on/off switch to control them. Mike

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector?
My leg felt pretty good this morning so I hobbled out to the shop and got a DVM. The plug is energized whenever the key is in the ON position, but not ACC. So that matches with the open station tractors that use this connector for a worklight equipped with their own on/off switch. I'll find those wires up near the fuse box and use them for a rear-view cam and a dash voltmeter. BTW, while checking this I noticed the battery drops to 11.5 when the glow plugs are energized. Is that a little low? (Ambient temp was about 47F)