L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector?

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #11  
My L3200 had that plug under the fender & my new L4060 has that plug in the same place on the left pillar. I have the rear window defroster (dealer said it's actually a whole new rear window with the heater elements in it) & it doesn't use that plug. As the L3200 didn't ever have a cab option I'm pretty sure defroster can be ruled out.

I'm pretty sure it's just a spare accessory wire. I think Original 2 pin Power connector for VHF/UHF Power cords - Power source side | Powerwerx is the plug. Don't remember if that's the same plug or mating plug offhand.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #12  
My L3200 had that plug under the fender & my new L4060 has that plug in the same place on the left pillar. I have the rear window defroster (dealer said it's actually a whole new rear window with the heater elements in it) & it doesn't use that plug. As the L3200 didn't ever have a cab option I'm pretty sure defroster can be ruled out.

I'm pretty sure it's just a spare accessory wire. I think Original 2 pin Power connector for VHF/UHF Power cords - Power source side | Powerwerx is the plug. Don't remember if that's the same plug or mating plug offhand.
The one on our L3830 is that side (the female side).

Aaron Z

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector?
Sure don't mean to derail this thread, but is your rear defroster inside the rear glass or applied to it? My 5030HSTC had wires in the glass and my 5740HSTC is applied so I can't use window tint.

Yes, mine is on the surface too. Are your defroster connections at the top?

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #14  
Yes, mine is on the surface too. Are your defroster connections at the top?
Haven't had a chance to look, but the window hinges are on the top & no wires dangle, so the connection must be up there in the roof.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #15  
I also have a 4060 and asked the dealer about it when I received the tractor. The dealer could not
answer my question. I also purchased a shop manual for the 4060. I believe the plug is part of
the cigarette lighter circuit, and as such is controlled by the ignition switch . I have an electrical
accessory that I have used this circuit to energize and it works just fine. Also don't rely on your
dealer to buy the mate for the connector, it's not on their parts list. I bought a new connector set
at the former Radio Shack and replaced the whole unit to fit my need

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #16  
   / L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #17  
Got the same plug on my L 3940 . Good to know

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #18  
I was told by my dealer (old school ag dealer) that it is just an aux. power source for supplying power to things such as a 2 way radio, or other fancy monitors used in today's modern tractors.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #19  
I also have a 4060 and asked the dealer about it when I received the tractor. The dealer could not
answer my question. I also purchased a shop manual for the 4060. I believe the plug is part of
the cigarette lighter circuit, and as such is controlled by the ignition switch . I have an electrical
accessory that I have used this circuit to energize and it works just fine. Also don't rely on your
dealer to buy the mate for the connector, it's not on their parts list. I bought a new connector set
at the former Radio Shack and replaced the whole unit to fit my need
On the open station, there is a work light kit that will plug into that. From what I can see the Kubota part number is 3A011-75904 and Messick's wants $132ish for it.

Aaron Z

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #20  
I was told by the dealer it was for the rear window defrost which is similar to an automobile style rear window defrost. (Not circulated air)