L3901 Deck Mats

/ L3901 Deck Mats #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
So I made the first mod to my brand new L3901. I thought it would be a good idea to cover the deck with a mat to protect it as well as to reduce any potential slippage......plus I thought it would look better:cool: As they do not make any factory mats, I picked up a small stall mat at TSC and some elevator bolts, fender washers, nuts, and was in business.

After tracing and cutting a template, the hard part was cutting through the half inch rubber. All in all, I think it came out pretty good. I may make a piece for the center and attach with velcro strips. Did not have to drill any holes as I used the existing perforations on the deck.:thumbsup:

DSCN1261.jpgDSCN1262.jpg

/ L3901 Deck Mats #3  
Nice job, I've been considering the exact same thing on my 3901. Great tractors, aren't they. BTW, we just spent several weeks up at the Foxwoods Resort on a construction project, Beautiful countryside you have up there.

/ L3901 Deck Mats
Thanks, I am very pleased with the results. They are actually thicker than the factory mats I have seen. Should last a long time. Too bad I did not save the template, I could have sent it to you :duh:
Hope you got a chance to win some of that money they have at Foxwoods!!:thumbsup:

/ L3901 Deck Mats #5  
DO you have any pics of the hardware you used? I just bought a MX5800 and am looking to do the same thing to it.

/ L3901 Deck Mats
Congrats on your new tractor. :thumbsup:I did not have any spare hardware left over so no pics, but you can see the heads of the elevator bolts in the pics I posted. Believe I got them at Lowes or maybe Home Depot along with the other standard hardware items. Just measure to see what length and diameter bolts will work for you. I did end up making a piece for the center and glad I did. I continually step there when getting on the tractor. Overall, very pleased with the results.

/ L3901 Deck Mats #7  
Never heard of "elevator" bolts. That's why I was curious.

/ L3901 Deck Mats #9  
Did these help reduce any transmission noise? Looks nice, BTW!

/ L3901 Deck Mats #10  
I asked it already ;-)
Went by tractor supply but the thinnest they had was really thick. I found some rubber mat on Amazon that is a bit thinner.
Great idea though.