Loader L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
So this is probably one of those dumb questions, but then again this why this site is so great.:thumbsup: I decided I wanted to add the bucket level indicator to my new Kubota L3901 as I thought it might come in handy. So I put it on the other day without any issues,other than realizing Kubota did not update the paperwork to indicate the kit was also for an LA525 loader. That resulted in a short period of :mad:. Once I figured out it was the correct kit all was well.:)
My question is this, does it only show level when the bucket is lowered to the ground? I was under the impression it would show level regardless of the loader arm height. However, once using it after install and understanding the simple mechanics of it, I am finding this not to be the case.

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod #2  
I think it will only be when the bucket is on the ground since these tractors do not have self leveling buckets. Mine nor my dad's has the level indicator so this is my guess. If I may ask what is the cost of the kit?

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod #3  
I also added the level rod to my L3901 with LA525 loader and you are correct. it only shows level when the bucket is on the ground.

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod
I think it will only be when the bucket is on the ground since these tractors do not have self leveling buckets. Mine nor my dad's has the level indicator so this is my guess. If I may ask what is the cost of the kit?

It was $65

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod
I also added the level rod to my L3901 with LA525 loader and you are correct. it only shows level when the bucket is on the ground.

Thanks for the confirmation...kinda what I thought. Have you found it to be useful overall, and what have you used it for?

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod #6  
I have Kubota's mechanical Level Indicator on the FEL of my L3560. I found it vulnerable to damage when bush hogging in dense underbrush.

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod #7  
The bucket is still level it's the boom not level, a 5/16" rod well not move the bucket. Yes I agree it's a little off the wall ?.

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod #8  
Thanks for the confirmation...kinda what I thought. Have you found it to be useful overall, and what have you used it for?

It works better for me than not having it. I use it when moving dirt or mulch getting in the bottom of the pile where I don't want to cut into the ground it lets me know I have the bucket level. after using it for a while I can judge pretty well where its at all the time from looking at the rod...but the only time I know its really level is on the ground

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod #9  
I built one for my Mahindra. I wouldn't want to be without it....very handy and time saving when working.

complete.jpg

/ L3901 Bucket Level Indicator Rod #10  
I built one for my Mahindra. I wouldn't want to be without it....very handy and time saving when working.

complete.jpg

That is pretty similiar to how the one on the Kioti works, It is pretty useful to me. Like especially when scooping up mulch from the ground, You want mulch, not dirt. :)