L3800 - 6" wheel spacers

/ L3800 - 6" wheel spacers #1  

kallnojoy

Tractor
Kubota L3800
How long will the axle last! :dance1:

Adeptec steel spacers.

Spendy but a quality part - nearly a press fit.

BONUS - it's a built in wheel weight too! :laughing:

8 year old L3800, spends all her time on hills.

spacer1.jpgspacer2.jpg

/ L3800 - 6" wheel spacers #2  
That's quite a stance!

/ L3800 - 6" wheel spacers
Yes, yes it is. :eek:

With 45 acres of all hills, its something I've wanted to do for quite some time.

My oldest nearing the age to start taking on some of the tractor chores made the decision easier.

Possibly a trade-off of increased safety for (bearing) longevity, but one I'm willing to make.

Other than occasional box blade work on the driveway, I don't do any ground engagement work, which should help minimize the axle stress.

Time will tell. :)

/ L3800 - 6" wheel spacers
One year+ update - zero issues related to the spacers.

Really has made a huge difference on the hills.

/ L3800 - 6" wheel spacers #5  
Thanks for the update. I'm sure that most would have bet that your axles would not last more than a few hours, me included. That proves that just appearance sometimes is simply wrong.

/ L3800 - 6" wheel spacers #6  
   / L3800 - 6" wheel spacers #8  
Thanks for sharing. We had to space the rears on 2wd tractors for safety on hills. 4wd, particularly 4 wheel braking helped a lot. 2” rear wheel spacers on the B26 made significant improvement with finish mowing chores.

/ L3800 - 6" wheel spacers #10  
I'm going with the thought that the design by kubota is not so close that normal uses like having a mower hung off the rear, towing a cart or wagon, etc. would not be damaging to the tractor.
Now with a heavy backhoe riding along most of the time might be a different story along with traveling in a higher gear across a plowed field, that's a different type of loading that I'd be concerned with.