Buying Advice L3560HSTC suggestions for recommended options

/ L3560HSTC suggestions for recommended options
Thanks, so far I love it. Have put a little.over 3 hours on it and am more impressed than I thought I would be. The HST+ is awesome. Would not have believed how useful some of the features are without actually using them.

/ L3560HSTC suggestions for recommended options #42  
When I bought my new L5740HSTC, I traded in my L5030HSTC, i was initially disappointed in the HST+ driving it around the lot. When I got it home and put a few hours on it, all doubts disappeared and I realized why it was so popular.

/ L3560HSTC suggestions for recommended options #43  
I havent found most of the electronic HST features useful. But the 2 speed action in HST+ by itself is worth getting a Grand over anything else in its class.

/ L3560HSTC suggestions for recommended options #44  
Yes, congrats on that grand L tractor!! A great buy for the money. I wonder how long they will offer this discounted machine?
Fortunately for me I had asked my dealer earlier this summer if he had any coming in and he said he had one and would let me know when he got it in. Told him I’d be down if and when. Think about a month passed and he text me said it was here so I went down and claimed it after a test drive and some number crunching. Took my 3800 down a week later and he sold it in two days for me.
Then had them order ag tires and air ride seat and remotes. Wasn’t till just the other day I actually picked it up. Point being yes it can sometimes be a lengthy process but in the end when you get exactly what you want it’s all worth it!! No compromises.

/ L3560HSTC suggestions for recommended options #45  
I havent found most of the electronic HST features useful. But the 2 speed action in HST+ by itself is worth getting a Grand over anything else in its class.

I will second that. It is something I didn't realize I would use/need, that I use everytime I'm on the tractor and has made the machine more flexible with less effort.

/ L3560HSTC suggestions for recommended options
Thanks Cable Guy. The LE really fits my needs, glad I stuck with it. Currently have around 28 hours on it and have not really found anything I would change. On the HST+ the Dual Speed is probably one of the best features. I do run it in the Auto HDS mode with stall guard on. Didn't think I would need either of those. But, mowing tall weeds with thick grass underneath, and sometimes finding some massive ant hills, it has been great. The auto throttle and the loader stick "throttle up" button has proved handy when pulling Yaupon bushes. In short I am using all of the HST+ features that I did not expect to need or make use of.

Power wise it has enough power to run the PTO implements I need and it will spin the tires in M in my sandy type soil so not sure I need any more HP. Did not think I would ever say that, guess I am slowing down. Now, maybe when I start doing some dirt work I will find more HP would be handy, though I do not have that much dirt work to do.

Overall it has just been a great experience so far. Hopefully that continues for a lot more years!

On a side note the Armstrong Ag Mini grapple has proven a wonderful addition. Very, very useful.

/ L3560HSTC suggestions for recommended options #47  
Did not think I would ever say that, guess I am slowing down. Now, maybe when I start doing some dirt work I will find more HP would be handy.....

:laughing: I'll be surprised/impressed if that turns out to be the case.

While I haven't had a plow or disc behind mine yet (hope to do that this weekend) I do use a 8ft Land Pride spike harrow to break up horse droppings, grass clumps, and ant mounds a pasture with really thick grass (it actually puts my lawn, and some golf courses I've seen to shame) at sufficient working speeds (e.g. 6-8 mph). Have also used it with a 6ft EA box blade filling it to the point it was overflowing with clay/silt loam soil. While the spike harrow generally tends to be the more power-hungry of the two (largely due to the speed requirements) it hasn't been a problem (even at the more aggressive settings). On the other hand as easily as the tractor has pulled the box blade it's made me wish I'd gone with a larger/heavier hinged-back box blade on occasion.

So really about the only "complaints" I've come up with in nearly 190 hours of with my ROPS L3560 are to have more lift/curl capacity on the loader (though to be honest, even if I had more I'd probably still want even more)..... and that the rear was a little light for the loader when mowing (at least until I put rear wheel weights on it).

As you said very useful machines (and likely even more so with the cab) -- so I suspect that even if/when I get another machine it's far more likely it'll be an addition rather than a replacement. :thumbsup: