L3200 dead... fuel issues

/ L3200 dead... fuel issues #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
My L3200 died this-morning while my father-in-law was using it. I went out to look before running off to work & my FIL pulled the fuel bowl thinking it was a plugged filter. No luck & I had to run of to work. This afternoon I had an epiphany, I and noticed the plastic tube I leave over the fuel nozzle from the overhead tank laying on the ground & missing the wad of plastic I had put in the end to keep crap out of the nozzle. He had stuck the nozzle with cap in & blown the plastic out into the tank. Managed to fish hopefully all of the plastic out of the tank. Dropped the fuel bowl again & it flows well when I depress the nub inside that closes off flow when you remove the bowl.

Unfortunately it still won't start. Bust out the work shop manual for injector bleeding instructions. Fill tank, open bleeder knob (near the injector pump), wait 30 seconds, close knob as noted in the manual. Still won't start. It will crank for a second, sputter a few times like it's trying, then back to cranking. After trying a few times I'm seeing a white mist coming out of the exhaust, which I believe is vaporized diesel.

I was assuming I'd need to get a wrench & crack injectors, but the WSM indicates otherwise, as does that white mist (assuming it's unburnt diesel). Any suggestions on what I need to do to get my tractor back online?

/ L3200 dead... fuel issues
Ok, looks like it was just needing to bleed the injectors as I thought.

How to Bleed Kubota Fuel Injector Lines - YouTube is mostly on the money, other than the dam injectors are buried under the gas tank & behind a pile if crap on the L3200 & I don't think we have the decompression lever.

/ L3200 dead... fuel issues #3  
I thought you open bleeder knob then crank until it runs (poorly) for 30 seconds then close knob while it is running. Cranking no more than 15 seconds at a time with a few minutes to cool the starter. I could be wrong.

/ L3200 dead... fuel issues
I thought you open bleeder knob then crank until it runs (poorly) for 30 seconds then close knob while it is running. Cranking no more than 15 seconds at a time with a few minutes to cool the starter. I could be wrong.

That's what the WSM said kind of. Open knob, wait 30 seconds, close knob, done. Tried that a few times as well as starting it with the knob open... Nada. Had crack the nuts on the injectors to finally get it to go. It dies within 1 second, maybe 2 if the bleeder knob is open.

At any rate it's running now.

/ L3200 dead... fuel issues #5  
That's what the WSM said kind of. Open knob, wait 30 seconds, close knob, done. Tried that a few times as well as starting it with the knob open... Nada. Had crack the nuts on the injectors to finally get it to go. It dies within 1 second, maybe 2 if the bleeder knob is open.

At any rate it's running now.

Congratulations.

And thank you, Fallon, for the excellent YouTube link.