Price Check L3130 question

/ L3130 question #11  
Only other concern is with the belly mower I think you were limited to the 500 series loader with the LA723 loader you could not have the mower becauswe the mounts were in the way. Not sure how the other aftermarket loaders would fit up.

David

/ L3130 question #12  
I have a good zero turn for most of my mowing. ~ 3 acres. I have about 3 acres of wooded I would like to clean up. Maybe cut some trails through. I have a long ( to me ) gravel drive to maintain. Getting older and just need muscle for chores, clean up etc. I致e seen some vids of a grappler that I could sure use. I have a few elderly neighbors who could use help as well.

Your chore list begs for a tractor that has a loader. Too bad this 3130 is not so equipped... it's otherwise just about perfect for your needs. Looks like you can find 4x4 L3130's with loaders advertised online in the $14-15k range, on average, and 2wd models without loaders at $8-9k (those are non-California prices... you'd need to factor some premium for being in Calif., I think). Unless you could get a really good deal from the seller, spending another $5k for a loader would probably be an investment you would not be able to recover if you sell it later, so I'd reluctantly be inclined to keep looking for something that did have a loader already.

/ L3130 question
Your chore list begs for a tractor that has a loader. Too bad this 3130 is not so equipped... it's otherwise just about perfect for your needs. Looks like you can find 4x4 L3130's with loaders advertised online in the $14-15k range, on average, and 2wd models without loaders at $8-9k (those are non-California prices... you'd need to factor some premium for being in Calif., I think). Unless you could get a really good deal from the seller, spending another $5k for a loader would probably be an investment you would not be able to recover if you sell it later, so I'd reluctantly be inclined to keep looking for something that did have a loader already.

I am going to contact the Kubota dealer that sold this tractor to the man selling it and see what he would charge to add a FEL. I learned it was initially purchased with a FEL. I am not sure which model loader but it was traded back for a box blade and canopy.

If there is a way to add a FEL for 3500 - 4000 and I could get them to take 10-11K. ??
I wish this tractor wasn’t so nice. I probably should move on to one with a FEL already on it.

Thank you all.

/ L3130 question #14  
If this L3130 is REALLY nice, then a little extra cost up front might be reasonable. You could be starting with a new loader and what sounds like an almost new (albeit several years old) tractor below it. Be amazing if the dealer still had the original loader sitting in his warehouse! Curious if you priced a Westendorf loader??

/ L3130 question #15  
I am going to contact the Kubota dealer that sold this tractor to the man selling it and see what he would charge to add a FEL. I learned it was initially purchased with a FEL. I am not sure which model loader but it was traded back for a box blade and canopy.

If there is a way to add a FEL for 3500 - 4000 and I could get them to take 10-11K. ??
I wish this tractor wasn’t so nice. I probably should move on to one with a FEL already on it.

Thank you all.

It would be like winning the lottery to find a new (or even used) OEM loader for a 10+ year old tractor since they are individually engineered to fit each model. Your best bet might be to see if an aftermarket loader can work. Some of the more common brands include Westendorf, Bush Hog, Quicke and Woods. Maybe the Kub dealer can help you sort this out.

/ L3130 question #16  
Too much without a FEL.

SDT

/ L3130 question
Thank you everyone.
I’ve decided this probably isn’t the right tractor. There was much to like about it but the lowest they would go is 12,200. When I considered possibly 5k and search for a loader - I realized I was trying too hard.

/ L3130 question #18  
Thank you everyone.
I’ve decided this probably isn’t the right tractor. There was much to like about it but the lowest they would go is 12,200. When I considered possibly 5k and search for a loader - I realized I was trying too hard.
Paid $20,200 new for mine in 2004. With LA723 loader, canopy.

/ L3130 question #19  
Well, with under 300 hours, if it was stored out of the sun it should be in very good condition. I'd still consider it.

Kevin

/ L3130 question #20  
By the time you buy a FEL you will be very close price wise to a brand new B or economy L.
Back in the day when I was looking for a deal on used, I quickly found out that getting a deal on used Kubota is extremely hard.
Don't waste your time and get a new one with warranty and 0% financing. Yeah, it will cost you 2-4 grand more, but it won't be 10 year old tractor.