L3000

/ L3000 #1  

hdb

Tractor
International 240
Looking for inputs on the Kubota L3000 2wd (good or bad). Have visited several dealers in the area, (sorry all you Kubota-holics, no mud slinging on the blue and green guys). However, I was not impressed with any of them, except the Kubota dealer. The crew at my local Kubota dealer has been extermely helpful, even came out to my place to see what I'd be using the equipment for. They're treating me like a big time buyer and have pretty much sold me on their equipment, service dept. (which they walked me through), and have given me what I feel is a fair price ($10,350) for this market area. Anyway, back to the task at hand. I need inputs on the L3000, please advise, THANKS.

/ L3000 #2  
I went back to 1969 and can't find a US Kubota Tractor make L3000. Is it a gray market tractor. If so, it may not be a bargain at all. 2WD in this size tractor is a small percentage of the market and they are much harder to sell for obvious reasons (traction).

/ L3000 #3  
Wen, you've got to keep up with the new models! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif The L3000 was released this year... big brother to the L2600, which replaced the L2500, in the L-Series 'economy' tractors.

msig.gif

/ L3000 #4  
You didn't say what you plan on using the tractor for but I will say this-- 4wd only adds about $1000 to the price and with that you also get power steering with 4wd. The power steering to me would be worth the extra money for ease of use.
Depends on what uses you will have with the tractor and your pocketbook as well. Just remember you will find alot more uses for the tractor than you ever thought of once you get it.

As for the price the dealer gave you it's a fair price.
Hope this helps---but look at 4wd hard before you invest
Gordon

/ L3000 #5  
ditto to what gordon said. I am a new user (had my tractor only 2 years) so every task was a new one for me, and I can tell you that the most used and most important feature my tractor has is 4 wheel drive. Sometimes just for fun I will tool around in 2 wheel drive, and the limitations the machine has are incredible. Whatever else you decide on, I think 4WD is a must. Next on my list but maybe not yours would be HST, but I would rather have a 4WD gear machine than 2 wheel drive HST if I had to choose.

/ L3000 #6  
I have found the lowest price for this tractor (with the 4wd) is around $11,000. You may have to fight to get your dealer to commit to this. I have looked this machine over and feel it is well worth the money. I would not go with the 2wd, remember that this is a compact tractor and as such is lighter than regular (real) tractors. You may not get the traction with 2wd to get you out of trouble.

Rich.

/ L3000 #7  
Well, I agree with the other guys that I, personally, sure want 4WD, HST, and power steering, but I also well understand budget limitations./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif At any rate, it sounds to me like you've found a good dealer to do business with whichever way you go.

Bird

/ L3000 #8  
Ooops - didn't look there did I and I really like the economy series.

/ L3000 #9  
Gotta echo what everyone else said about the 4wd. I have an L2500 gear w/4wd. While I would have liked the HST I consider that more of a luxury/convenience feature while the 4wd is just a must. I use 2wd as much as I can but for any loader work, earth moving work, or snow, you just need the 4wd.