L295dt tire swap

/ L295dt tire swap #1  

C172b

Tractor
Kubota L295dt
Hello, I have a Kubota L295dt 4x4.
Currently running 7-16 front tires and 12.4x24 rear tires. Wondering if I can change front tires to 8.3-16.
I've come up with 0.656 ratio for my current setup and 0.695 for the replacement setup but I can't find my transaxle ratio anywhere. I think I'm at +6% by changing to a 8.3-16. This is if my calculations are correct. Thanks

/ L295dt tire swap #2  
How are you coming up with your numbers? Usually way is to find the Rolling Loaded Circumference (RLC) of the front to rear from either measurement or mfg. spec catalogues.

Then either measure or find a reference to the front to rear internal gearing for your tractor.

Using those numbers, compare by percentage how much farther a front tire will travel when a rear tire travels one revolution. Drawing it out helped me see it.

Typical you want to end up with a positive percentage - most of the literature says 1 to 5%.

I've only done a couple of tractors and found that 5% was way too much - it was winding and popping a lot. I built one that was almost a perfect zero percent lead/lag and it worked just fine. Almost too well. I could shift into or out of 4wd at any speed without any grinding. In fact, hitting a bump would cause the weight of the shifter lever to shift in and out of 4wd. Cured that with a latch on the lever.

rScotty

/ L295dt tire swap
How are you coming up with your numbers? Usually way is to find the Rolling Loaded Circumference (RLC) of the front to rear from either measurement or mfg. spec catalogues.

Then either measure or find a reference to the front to rear internal gearing for your tractor.

Using those numbers, compare by percentage how much farther a front tire will travel when a rear tire travels one revolution. Drawing it out helped me see it.

Typical you want to end up with a positive percentage - most of the literature says 1 to 5%.

I've only done a couple of tractors and found that 5% was way too much - it was winding and popping a lot. I built one that was almost a perfect zero percent lead/lag and it worked just fine. Almost too well. I could shift into or out of 4wd at any speed without any grinding. In fact, hitting a bump would cause the weight of the shifter lever to shift in and out of 4wd. Cured that with a latch on the lever.

rScotty
Hi, I am using the RC of rear tire / RC of front tire. Which should have been 1.437 for stock setup vs 1.522 for the 8.3-16 desired ratio. Reason for wanting to change to the 8.3-16 is I can get a set fairly cheap locally.