L2800 Fuel Filter Bowl

/ L2800 Fuel Filter Bowl #1  

bocash3

Tractor
Kubota L-2800 Backhoe
Kubota L2800 with Front End Loader, Backhoe, and 753 hours:

Howdy, just did a 200 hour service myself. Difficult being now partially paralyzed below the belt from spinal cord damage.

With fuel filter bowl cleaned and new filter and large outer O-ring was duly installed, I looked back at the owner's manual.

Manual clearly shows a Smaller O-ring in top-center of filter bowl. Only thing I can figure is that one was lost during
last 200 hour service several years ago.

So - question: This tractor has run without fault, no fuel leaks at bowl, and old filter and bowl caught minor sediment as it should.
So: IS that smaller O-ring in the top-center of bowl necessary?

IF so, I will order one and re-do this job as It's pretty simple.

THANKING all in advance and have a great week!! "Bo" in western NC

Attachments

• Tractor.200hr.service.7-12-23.jpg
    Tractor.200hr.service.7-12-23.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 46
   / L2800 Fuel Filter Bowl #2  
Well that little o ring is so that all fuel must go through the filter and without it they is a chance that trash or fine particles could get past the cartridge and in the injectors without it.

/ L2800 Fuel Filter Bowl
Thanks so much Triple! Being half mechanically minded, that's sort of what I thought.

Am very careful when fueling to keep things clean. Fortunately, there was very little tiny sediment trapped in fuel bowl bottom. I will order another filter that has both O-rings and fix this immediately.

Again, thanks so much for speedy reply!! Have a good one, "Bo"

/ L2800 Fuel Filter Bowl #4  
There should also be a spring in the bottom of the bowl that applies sealing pressure to the element.

/ L2800 Fuel Filter Bowl #5  
youtube offers on how to.

/ L2800 Fuel Filter Bowl #6  
I replaced my fuel filter (without using the inner "O" ring), It leaked like a mother... I'm guessing that you might have the "o" ring in there... if it's not leaking.

If it's working fine, don't mess with it...