L2250 shifter failure

/ L2250 shifter failure #1  

electrycmonk

Silver Member
Tractor
Satoh 370 diesel & Cub Cadet 7260 Diesel 4WD standard
I’m starting this thread to placeholder so when I have power for the phone I can actually search threads.

It seems the high - low transmission shifter is stuck in the lower 4 gears from this “shuttle shift” design…..

I know my way around search engines but, this time I’m falling on my face with less than 10% power as I go into a Dr. Appointment.

The shifter moves smoothly and with no errors but, the tranny does not increase in speed from transfer.

Can one partially disassemble the transmission area under the sea to see about the status of the shifter fork?

/ L2250 shifter failure
So I made a mistake in thinking.

Here is the link to my post that I had planned to put in this thread.... instead I'll just share this jump to my post over in general repairs....

/ L2250 shifter failure #3  
I posted a reply about taking off the Hydraulic Cylinder cover with your post over in REPAIRS.

Once you have the cover off the shifter is visible - my guess is the linkage parts down in the bottom may be at fault. An interesting thing is that there are TWO forks.

L2250 Hi-Lo range shift.jpg

Below is the fancy shift linkage - zoom it up to be readable. Its complicated to acomodate the shuttle, blocking 8th gear from F-R shifts. Best luck, Dick B.

p.s. Your good efforts so far make others want to help :cool:

L2250 Hi-Lo shifter parts.JPG

Last edited:
   / L2250 shifter failure #4  
These tractors use a single shuttle lever for going forward or reverse while in 1st thru 7th - but R is blocked in 8th. WSM page below shows the power flow.

The shuttle parts are forward of the Hi-Lo section. Its a lot to digest in one look, especially since the drawings don't clearly show how or what the second Hi-Lo shift fork engages. :rolleyes:

Any chance your hi-lo actually works ok in gears lower than 8th?

L2250 shuttle section.JPG

Last edited: