L185 Kubota

/ L185 Kubota
I picked up a middle buster today and tried that and the box blade out and boy was I surprised at how the tractor
did that thing has some spunk for a 2 cylinder engine it didn't give up that's for sure. I hooked a root with that plow
and I thought it was going to rip the 3 point off before I could push the clutch. Anyway I had thought if it didn't perform to what I needed I might sell it and buy something else but I definitely think it's a keeper.

Dave
20210719_201256.jpg

/ L185 Kubota
Last post was from yesterday I forgot to hit the post button last night. So today I finally picked up a
blade ended up just going with a new one made by Behrens mfg. used it 2.5 hours and it worked great
so far.

Dave

20210720_162737_HDR.jpg

/ L185 Kubota
Spent the afternoon sharpening finish mower blades and getting the bottom ready for a primer coating to prevent rust.
Going to primer the bottom tomorrow and grease everything up for mow day on Friday.

Dave

/ L185 Kubota
Got a coat of primer on the mower today and ran my blade for awhile on a ditch I'm building.

Dave

20210722_110448_HDR.jpg

/ L185 Kubota
I fought with a pto shaft all morning trying to connect the finish mower then finally got that on I think it was dirty from
sitting for awhile. Then the blades didn't turn and I discovered the belt wasn't on the tension spring was off. I reinstalled and everything works it's just very loud I think I may have a bad bearing it sounds like a noisy gear drive and is louder than the tractor but mows good.

Dave

/ L185 Kubota
I ordered parts for the finish mower and started taking the spindle out for repair if anyone
needs bearing numbers for one of these GM1060R, GM1072R or GM1084R or seals I have
the info for Timken bearings. According to what I was told by a really helpful guy that has the
84 inch mower and just replaced his.The numbers are: L45449 bearing with a L45410
race and it comes in a set called a SET8 Genuine Timken USA set 8. And the seal number
is 14875. Hopefully that can help someone else that needs the info he also said that he
ordered some orignal bearings for twice the price of these and when they came in to
the dealer they were made in China.

Dave

/ L185 Kubota #29  
That’s a nice tractor. Does it have the 3 speed PTO? I knew somebody years ago who had a 4WD version and ran a 5 foot JD tiller behind it, don’t ask me how. After he died I looked at the tiller to buy but the tines were worn off it yet his widow still wanted $2000... that was the price of a new unit at the time.